Origin of "Unknown" yo-yo branding?

My Unknown JT FiReal.

10 Likes

Bryan is one of the coolest, most humble, and most creative yoyoers ever. And his minimalist design approach is super inspiring and lends itself really well to classy yoyo engravings.

I reeeeeeally miss this kuntosh!
https://youtu.be/gKKT7_66WYU

Also the Diesis he did for CoreCo might be the wildest of the unknown variations:

8 Likes

The Ignition has a new unknown thingie:
08%20PM

5 Likes

Just saw this:
Thanks to @Damb

9 Likes

Here’s another on the SF Statement

50.0755° N, 14.4378° E :thinking:

Google Maps says that’s a location in Prague

Looking at Street View, it’s a Catholic church on one side and this building on the other, the National House of Vinohrady.

The Neo-renaissance building - National House of Vinohrady was built in 1894. Together with the Vinohrady Theater and St. Ludmila church it is one of the dominant buildings on Namesti Miru square. Namesti Miru is sqare in the center of Prague, close to Wenceslav Square…

6 Likes

it came from Adobe Illustrator. the logo has something to do with eleven or one.

1 Like

I thought it was stylized 1’s in the letters of U and N, to represent “unknown”. Or at least that is what it looks like.

5 Likes

Has there been an “unknown” plastic before? This is the SF PLSTC

image image

5 Likes

think there was a Japan Technology premium Linkx

2 Likes

Oh yeah, good call, but that was kind of a hybrid since it had a full metal center.

2 Likes

ah my bad, i remember seeing it at AP2019 but i never read any descriptions of the yoyo. sorry!

1 Like

@codinghorror These are some of them. 22 out of the 25 that have released thus far…got this number from my own research, so I could be wrong

SF PLSTC is on its way courtesy of @YoYoExpert

33 Likes

This. Is. Amazing. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Trevor Janvier should also have a very comparable unknown collection with a very nice and rare linkx

1 Like

Have him post pics here!

Beautiful Hashtag @yoyodoc.

Unknown yoyos are cool cool

MadHouse had it right.

10 Likes

They’re all collabs with Bryan. He does the design work for these companies “Unknown” editions. There is a really cool Unknown edition coming out soon, can’t talk about it, but it’s pretty rad!

The Duncan Bassacuda is one of my favorites, kick myself for letting it go :man_facepalming:

Also, Bryan is an amazing yoyoer:

8 Likes

Mine is the only brown one I’ve seen.

1 Like