One Drop Yo-Yos Top Deck

Living just down the highway from the shop, team member Jt Nickel visits frequently with new stories and tricks to share. He is a walking encyclopedia and plays a huge role in testing prototypes we have scattered around here. After months of behind the scenes testing, we are pleased to finally share with everyone Jt’s signature yo-yo, the Top Deck.

When we sat down to design the Top Deck with Jt, the focus was on pure performance. Taking inspiration from our titanium yo-yo, the Citizen, where we took advantage of the material by making a very thin body to help shift weight to the rim. We decided to use 7075 aluminum alloy, which has more density and strength than the usual 6061, so that we could push the limits on the weight distribution in a similar way that we did on the Citizen.

Here is how Jt describes it:

“I wanted the Top Deck to move with ease and grace, similar to the Summit, but with a little more stability, for that extra edge during a session. We came up with a design that incorporated a mid-weight step (like the summit) but distributed the rest of the weight into the rim. Combined with an organic catch zone and the false rim look from the Cascade, the end result gave me my absolute favorite yo-yo to date. Fast, stable, comfortable, and made out of 7075 for some extra kick as well!”

7075 aluminum alloy is much more expensive than 6061. Because of this our previous 7075 models (Valor and Format:C) retailed for $120. Using techniques we pioneered to achieve incredible value on models like the Benchmarks, the Vanguard and the Gauntlet, we were able to find a way to have the Top Deck retail for $79 without sacrificing quality. We are continuing to push the limit on the value while making our yo-yos in house in Eugene, Oregon, USA.

Specs:

Weight: 66 grams
Width: 43 mm
Diameter: 56.5 mm
Stock Response: 19 mm Slim Flow Groove
Gap Width: 4.45 mm
Bearing Size: Large © stainless steel (One Drop 10 Ball Bearing)
Aluminum: 7075
Axle System: Tapped

Releasing right here at YoYoExpert starting April 29th for $79.

6 Likes

I like the Graphics, they remind me of a deck of cards.

I got to play one this weekend and it’s pretty slick.
I liked it a lot.

Sweeet!!! GruntBull Swirled anodized ones going to be available too?

1 Like

Just solids on this first release, not sure what they’re planning in the future though.

That orange color is pretty rad! Was on the fence about getting one of these, but how can you pass it up at that price?!?

1 Like

It’s time like this when I had money I could spend on yoyos.

There’s something about 7075 that’s so much more appealing than 6061

1 Like

Yep. Every time.

I want to get one of these. Shape reminds me of my Rave, which is a very comfy yoyo that has that edge to it to make it a stand out in my collection.

Going to be honest here, I’m not too sure about the engraving (mainly how its laid out) but I can look past that with an awesome looking throw.

This is such a well done, phenomenal yoyo. I’m seriously blown away that it’s going to be $79 - that is a ridiculously incredible price for such a wickedly awesome yoyo.

2 Likes

This is my current go to throw. It’s such an awesome yoyo. And that price point…

A must-buy for me.

Not gonna lie: to me this yoyo screams for unengraved version… but I can live with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A Nickel plated Top Deck. I got thinking last night, I may hold out for that ;D

Hah! I was just saying if they make a nickel plated one i’m getting it.

I can’t do it. Yet. Maybe get a 2nd later. We’ll see. I need a Top Deck ASAP!

Hmm, yeah, me, too… :wink:

db

this one picture make me want to slice one of my prototype.

TBH, I’m not the biggest fan of the engraving, but the shape and the choice of alloy really appeals me.

Curious about this:

“…the false rim look from the Cascade…”

I’m not sure what this is referring to. Does this just mean the thin rim with the thicker “step” in the middle of the cup?

We are planning to do this of course :slight_smile: But it’s going to be a month or two.

2 Likes

I love that One Drop consistently makes yoyos with nickel plating.