One Drop Yo-Yos Küntosh 5000QV

Not sure why you are going on and on about this. The 5000QV is a redesign and that is what this thread is about. We get it: if there are no design changes you don’t think the alloy matters. Cool.

2 Likes

5000QV looks great. Interesting redesign. Do you plan on doing this for any other models?

It is certainly possible. This the second time - the first was the Summit. And both times have turned out really well. And you guys seem to like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personally, I’d like to see the MMC or Rebirth in 7075.

Sounds like you’re maybe not skilled enough yet to appreciate the differences. It comes with experience though so keep throwing! And thanks for the support.

5 Likes

I recently acquired a regular kuntosh and I throughly enjoy it! When will the desert drifter colorway be released or are all colors going to be available at the same time?

-bbdave-

MMC and Rebirth in 7075… Be still, my heart…

I’d like to see those in titanium.

Yeah I’d like a 7075 Rebirth too, as long as it is a redesign to accommodate the alloy. Otherwise it would be nearing 68g which, for a yoyo that size, would feel like you were throwing around a collapsed star.

Yes, I started playing with the yoyo only a few days, and purposes to have had the chance to play today with only those two … she has to depend on everything from this.
Congratulations, you have fully understood the situation!
Buhahahaha!

You do realize that you are arguing with the owners of the company don’t you? I think they MIGHT know a little more about the design changes of this yo-yo than you do. At this point you are just making yourself look foolish.

Case in point your bringing up of the GZR line. The point of the GZR line was that the design NEVER changed, it was just showcasing the differences when the alloys changed. The weight distribution and everything else about the two yo-yos are identical. The GZR yo-yos played very similarly to their 6061 counterparts, they just played with a little more authority on the string.

One Drop has only done a yo-yo redesign to take advantage of the strengths of 7075 alloy one other time when they went from the original Summit to the 7 Summits. The two Summits played quite a bit differently. Try those and then come back to this thread. At the moment you are comparing apples to oranges.

1 Like

This part of this thread is way off topic, as it started in reference to making the 2016 Benchmarks in 7075. Therefore however, GZRs as an example actually is exactly to the point he was trying to make. He was saying that with no redesign, the two yoyos felt identical to him as the extra weight was distributed evenly over the entire design, and therefore didn’t really change the weight distribution, and only changed the overall weight.

I think he made it clear that with a redesign, he believes yoyos do play deferentially, as the weight distribution has changed.

I’m not “weighing” in with my opinion on this matter. Just clarifying what I believe the to be point he was trying to make.

Then again, there are those Side Effects… Even with no redesign, the weight ratio of the SEs to the yoyo halves would change, and at least somewhat change weight distribution. Are the SEs the same for the 6061 and 7075 (GZR) versions?

Back on topic, I’m really getting revved up for the Küntosh 5000QV!

Exactly what I’m trying to say from about 5 replies.
Evidently it does not understand what I say. Let’s stop here so much that is useless to talk to those who will not understand.

P.S. You agree with the other user who swears that the cascade GZR plays so totally different than normal!!!
;D

Good! You have discovered the hot water !!! ;D

Thumb up!

Someone should seriously “sticky” the last reply The Machinist gave to you on this thread. It might help shed some insight for you to read it before you conjure up your next “flame post” 8)

are you still here? you’re not playing your very diverse casdades?!?!? ;D

DUDE! Why are you always acting like this?

Seriously. Grow up or back off. No one is impressed with your attacking, condescending, and provocative posts. Go play at facebook where they tend to like 100% unnecessary drama. Not here man. Not here. We are all just shaking our heads hoping you would learn how to act, but obvi your not getting it. Were getting tired of your sh*t posts.

2 Likes

All 4 color shown will be released at the same time - these are the first run.

1 Like

I have two regular Kuntosh, one blasted and one tumbled. The blasted ones are amazing. That new red one looks great. I am thinking I need more red in my case.

So this is not a limited release? You plan to do multiple runs?

The idea of an OD 7075 throw that’s blasted is amazing! Love it!
I definitely want.
This is a little off topic, but is there any way the blast finish on the Kuntosh 5000QV could be applied to the 7075 Top Deck moving forward?
That would be an absolute home run, hit outa the park!!!