One Drop Yo-Yos Küntosh 5000QV

Yea, it was the specs listed here that confused me a tad bit. Soooo, could we place a preorder :smiley:

This is an excellent point :slight_smile: /add to list

1 Like

You are correct it’s 55.9mm. The 56.9 was a typo on our site that has now been correct.

Both the regular Kuntosh and the 5000QV share the same diameter.

Thanks!

I just wish you guys would make more 7075 yoyos haha. The only one I have is the GZR Code 1, but it plays amazing!

1 Like

Can’t control the weather out here! ;D

I smile when I read your comments sometimes too. While 67.6g is within the normal range of weights for yoyos, a 2.6 gram difference from the exact same yo-yo in 6061 is far from what I would call a “negligible” difference.

2 grams is a big difference.

Valor, Format:C, Top Deck

And new ones coming soon.

Indeed it is! And the 5000QV weighs less because of the redesign.

2 gr. homogeneously distributed over the whole volume ??? They make a difference?!?!? hahaha !!!
are distinguishable only at the first throw… then nothing.

exact, an account is to redesign and move the masses … far is to use a material with the 4% of specific weight in more so that these two grams are coated homogeneously over the whole volume

It’s not just nothing after the initial throw though. I’d much rather play a 65g yo-yo than a 67.6g yo-yo, given the exact same design and therefore weight distribution.

and how can you say that?
have you ever played with a yoyo produced in the two aluminums (normal series v/s GZR series … chief v/s 7075 chief … etc. etc.) or your conviction is born only by your own prejudice?

I can say there is a pretty big difference between the two different Kuntosh. Both are amazing! The 5000QV plays a lot more “floaty” in my opinion, but has an extra gear, I’m not a fast player at all, but I can tell the 5000QV would be able to go as fast as you could push it, it plays almost like it wants to be played that way.

I’ve also owned the Scout and the 7075 Scout and I would never say that after playing them for awhile that they became the same, there was a difference between them every time I played them.

I do not argue on the two Kuntosh, are different yoyo.
I have a Code 2 and for a week and I had a Code 2 GZR of my friend … for me were exactly two duplicates …

I think that all he is saying is that he’d rather play a yoyo that is 65g rather than 67.5g.

No matter how the weight is distributed, 67.5g yoyo will always be heavier than a 65g yoyo.

1 Like

Exactly what he says below:

I just know that there would be a noticable difference between the two weights, and I’d prefer 65g over 67.6g. It’s not just the weight on the initial throw. A change of 2.6 grams will affect how the yo-yo feels on every string hit, and you’ll feel it any time the yo-yo is swinging around keeping the string in tension as well.

I can assure you that the GZR version of the Cascade plays entirely different from the 6061

At any rate, I think it’s pretty safe to say that if One Drop produced a set of benchmarks in 7075, they would design them to take advantage of the properties of that type of aluminum.

exactly.
use aluminum with higher processing capabilities to create objects that can be made from alloys with lower capacity has not much sense …
to 1drop was a special case dictated by a specific situation … but some producers who have always preferred the 7075, this concept doesn’t always well understood or applied.

just really so little to get a entirely different yoyo?!?! wow! ;D