One Drop Wizard

7075 is 1,014 digits better than 6061. The numbers don’t lie.

Ivan

7 Likes

I don’t know why, but I am STOKED for this one

4 Likes

Has anyone from One Drop ever actually said that? Because it sounds like something they wouldn’t say. Alloy is absolutely related to performance of a yoyo. The difference may not be as dramatic as the difference between something like aluminum and plastic, but 6061 vs 7075 can definitely perform differently.

2 Likes

I think I want this!

4 Likes

Do they actually perform differently or do companies alter specs when going from 6061 to 7075 or 7068 or ti.

Wouldn’t the only difference be durability?

2 Likes

They can design thinner walls with 7075/7068. If they didn’t change the design, but switched to 7075/7068, the yoyo would be heavier. Also the finish can be different. One Drop 7075 Pyramatte is more glossy, compared to their 6061.

2 Likes

No that’s just Matt being butthurt about… something?

6 Likes

Weight distribution as well.

2 Likes

Not for my style of play this Wizard but it looks cool, One Drop is really killing it lately, I just miss when they used to do the engravings and the splashes colourway, also wish to see from them a super performance yoyo probably they will do something mental

4 Likes

Now I can build a party!
—one drop wizard
—vosun rogue
—iyoyo barbarian
—thesis paladin

Someone make a warlock please bc that’s what I play in 5e.

12 Likes

Hahaha

3 Likes

Is that a fingerspin dimple? Can’t really tell from the pic.

2 Likes

On the purple it looks more flat than dimpled, but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

It looks like a convex axle nub to me, like a softer/rounded version of the nitro hub.

5 Likes

It makes sense, will does like playing with the kraken, finding out this is a will prater sig gained my interest

3 Likes

14 Likes

Kraken 20/20!

I’m excited!

2 Likes

Was this on Flickr or did you get one?

Flickr.
Link:
Imgur

1 Like

This is what you wanted to do with your day? Start a fight on a yoyo forum?

I’ll have you know that 7075 performs MUCH better than 6061…when it comes to pain incurred from bashing my knuckles on a bad bind.