One Drop = Tuning Fun

What in the world…
Either I got insanely lucky, or this actually works o_O

Yeah, it’s pretty sweet!

Doesn’t make any sense to me though…

The best i can figure, when you screw it together, it self seats itself into the smoothest position…

Really awesome though.

Use imgur.

Fun combo of the day. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/01/zuqevuvu.jpg

Brass dome 54. The brass domes make things feel heavy and spin fast. It makes for an interesting change of pace.

For what it’s worth my tuning method is to keep tightening. The yoyo halves slip on the o-ring and I adjust small amounts until it is perfect. It takes me just a minute or two to get it perfect. This is probably not good for the o rings but I have more. :slight_smile:

Brett stated in an old video that the halves are meant to be cranked down real hard. Your o-rings will probably be fine :smiley:
Like you said, they are easily replaced :stuck_out_tongue:

I highly recommend against “cranked down real hard”.

Aluminum yoyo + steel axle + cranked down real hard = (most likely) damaged yoyo threads. My two cents.

Side effects can’t strip because the o ring will give before the thread strips. If it does strip new side effects are $10.00.

I would never crank down a non side effect throw because those can strip.

Any threaded yoyo can strip, including side effect yoyos. That wasn’t my point.

Cranking down hard on an aluminum threaded hole with a steel axle can cause irreparable damage. Again, my two cents. I strongly advise against it. Firm is okay, cranking down is not.

Onedrop made a video saying to crank down.

When screwing a side effect yoyo together, there are 3 stages of resistance
The first is loosely screwed together, where it is on the axle but the gap is still larger than the bearing width.
The second is a tighter resistance stage that still allows you to screw it for a full turn or so with relative ease.
The third stage is when it behaves like a properly tightened metal. It becomes significantly harder to turn and that is when you should stop