One Drop presents the VIRTUOSO!

Picked up the gold - looking forward to giving this a spin. Big fan of the minimal cup. I love my Grail and Life - hoping I get the same magic out of this one!

3 Likes

Yeah, same here. I simply couldn’t resist.

Made room for it in my One Drop case by bringing my gold Kuntosh to work as my at-work throw (replacing my beater Cadence prototype).

For some reason my brain keeps thinking it is called the Valor. I guess I really like that name on a deep subconscious level. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

@codinghorror I think i can answer this.

SEs bring quite a noticeable amount of center weight into the yoyo. And flat hubs mean that there’s the least amount of material on the center of the yoyo. Also long axle = more material on the center to house it. Flat hubs usually means short axle, but since the Virtuoso is 7075, that shouldn’t be a problem durability-wise.

So, since Ethan competes (and he does some crazy stuff tbh), it makes sense that he would like a yoyo as rimweighted as possible (hence the shape, hub, material choice and no SEs) so he can concentrate more on hitting his crazy tricks and less in correcting the yoyo’s tilt.

@da5id you can correct me if i got something wrong.

3 Likes

SEs don’t add additional center weight over a yoyo with a nipple of the same size. The virtuoso uses an 8mm axle. It’s not ideal to get that small, but it’s the only way to get the flat hub.

6 Likes

Very interesting. Noted! I did not know that about SEs.

its so minimalistic
like a 000

1 Like

The Virtuoso looks stunning, wow!

1 Like

Regardless, super excited to see any more upcoming SE releases!

1 Like

At first I thought the finish was unusually shiny and too slick when I got the Virtuoso, but I compared it with my other One Drops and it’s actually the same finish… it’s just that you don’t notice it on the other ones because of the design – the cup and rims are so smoothed out on the Virtuoso, everything flows into everything else :exclamation:

7 Likes

Question for @da5id: what are the chances you will release the Virtuoso in solid purple this year?

2 Likes

We are working on the second run and I’ll highly consider purple. Thanks for the suggestion!

9 Likes