Old Butterfly/Grandma’s Collection

Cool yoyos! And smell like pizza? :wink:

I lived in that area of Kansas for 5+ years. My wife and I loved touring the old towns.

Great collection!

2 Likes

Totally not intended to be harsh!!! A grandma teaching her grandchildren to yoyo is about the sweetest thing I can think of.

8 Likes

I know. I can just imagine if there was an 80’s movie about yoyoing, there’d be a scene where the yoyo jock says to the yoyo nerd “nice tricks, did your grandmother teach you to yoyo?” and all the jock’s friends would laugh, but his incessant bullying would give the nerd the motivation he needs to eventually beat him in the yoyo contest at the end of the movie.

3 Likes

She did! Very basic stuff, but she pulled out the yoyo box whenever we kids came over so we could play with them.

Years after she passed, I came across a yoyo in a toy store and it reminded me of her, so I bought it.

And then I thought, maybe there are YouTube videos of how to do yoyo stuff. And I came across the Worlds videos, down the rabbit hole I went!

11 Likes

Thanks for sharing. So great you get to remember her every time you throw. Happy yoyo!

4 Likes

I have a red wood yoyo like that. Different town label but otherwise looks the same. Plays good.

5 Likes

That red, yellow, and white Butterfly yoyo was the exact model I had in grade school in the early 70’s, definitely not a swap. We were just cool like that, lol. A big yoyo fad came through and that’s what I got. Lost it along the way at some point but picked up a new old stock one about ten years ago for nostalgia.

2 Likes