Offset deviant+ or other options

Hi,

Have a shutter, but feels like it runs out of juice at the end of tricks. Bearing issue only? What is considered the top bearings?

Anyway, been eyeing the outlier deviant normal or +.
Anyone have any insight as to if these would be better or other recommendations. Also been looking a little bit at the IQ.

Advice received with gratitude.

Welcome to the forums! I have a deviant plus so I can tell you about it. What would you like to know?

Deviant and deviant+ both should get a decent bit more spin time but you could also get a shortcut or ultracut for cheaper and have it spin just as long if not longer

What do you think about it? And do you end up using it or grabbing other yoyo?

Thanks, tried searching a bit, but couldn’t really find anything on the Ultracut. Seemed like it was in pre-release still?

I’m probably not the best person to ask for do you choose it over other yoyos as I only have four yoyos despite yoyoing for ~2 years. That being said however, I love the Deviant +. It’s stable and wide and spins for a long time. I can hit all my hard horizontal tricks on it and it doesn’t seem to interfere with tech for me although I don’t have the techiest tricks. If you are looking for pure spin time, I have won a long sleeper contest with the Deviant +. Usable spin time, when I am doing tricks I never notice it running out of spin during the middle of a combo.

Hope this helps you. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask!

2 Likes

Much appreciated.

1 Like

Eary release at cnyc. Also, offset stuff seems to be a bit fragile. I’ve had 2 bend on me and somebody else got a dent in the body from a 5a cw

I have 3 Offset yo-yos all of them working fine after a year of playing with them. Still quite smooth despite dings. No bending. The yo-yos are made of the same metals as many other yo-yos so there is no reason Offset yo-yos would dent over any other company’s.

Pic from Mable of a dented deviant+.
Also i forgot i also had an outlier 3 get bent from maintenance in addition to my outlier mini and deviant+. Mable also knew somebody who had their deviant+ hub crack.

It might be the same 6061 as everyone else but I feel like brandon is pushing the limits of the material too far and compromising durability based on these anecdotes (especially with the shared hub design).

Perhaps he is pushing the material too far i do not know. Jeffrey Pang designed these so I would guess he knows what he is doing. I have an Outlier +, Deviant +, Outlier Mini and a Plastic Cheatcode and all are alive and well. I guess time will tell if I bend one of them but it has been pretty smooth sailing so far. What were you doing when the yo-yos got bent?

1 bent in the mail and 2 bent from unscrewing and screwing to get at the bearing or for axle knots. And it was very infrequent to boot

That or either the spotlight ultra or the evolve would both great options for either a comp yoyo or just in general. U can only get the evolve on justins website tho

Ended up getting a Colossus VI. The bearing on this is WAY quieter and the yoyo spins a lot longer, so assuming my issue is with the bearing probably more so than the yoyo. Might consider getting a replacement bearing at some point