Ø̵̶̵̴̷̻͆pposites! (Throws that you are vibing with that aren't the same?)

Hey y’all! Jei here!

Over in another community I’m part of, people were sharing a fun idea that I thought I would bring over here!

When it comes down to it, we all have different preferences and ideas of what sort of yoyos we like to use on the daily, but sometimes we find ourselves vibing with throws that are very different from one another. I realize that I’ll have certain yoyos in my daily rotation that are quite different from each other in a drastic way, and I thought it would be fun to document that!

I’m focusing on 1a yoyos here because obviously my 2a yoyos are gonna be very different from my 1a yoyos, so for the sake of common throwing, 1A it is!

So here we go with my first share of what I’ve been throwing daily. Share yours as well! If you have specs and specifics, share them as they are fun to see!

Recently I’ve been throwing these two a lot.

First is a “Hop King 2” by KingYoStar.
This EXTRA wide and heavy yoyo is 51mm wide and a hefty 75 grams in weight. The shape is very much a sharp V and LOTS of solid weight in the rims and mid-body. I find myself using this yoyo a lot when I’m wanting something to mess around with trick creation as It allows for extra balance and spin power as I’m pausing while finding mounts and concepts.

Next to it, is the “Shibari” by KnotCreators (My brand!)
This yoyo is undersized and lighter at a 45mm width and 65.7 grams in weight. The shape is a smooth organic influenced design with some competition based attributes like it’s rim weight placement and lower wall. I find myself using this yoyo when I’m vibing out to music and letting the tricks flow.

So there you have it!
Please feel free to add your own and I hope this catches on as I feel it’s a very interesting look into our own preferences and what we all enjoy using. :slight_smile:

Ŝ̷̥̬͓͕̊̈́̎́͑ ̷̧̺͕̱̞̇͘H̸͉̺̖̒̑̄͝ ̴̢͍͖̺͖̋͗͊̓͌Ȃ̸̞̞̝̣͚ ̷̹͍̌̐̓͠͠͝R̸̨͇͉͇̬̃ ̵̤̬̣͒̋̔Ȇ̶̪̍̆̆̚ ̸͈̘͇̊̌̀̀̾ ̴̼̈́͛̕L̸̘̒̎̔̋̚ ̸̲̙̞̩̪̌Ö̷̭̞͚̲̠́̀͆̂̃͠ ̵̢̟̘͚̗̯͋̒̊̍̄͗V̶̡̨̬̑̓̃̔ ̴͔̺͒̅̊̈̆͋Ê̸̯̣̟̖̆͠ ̷̟͂̾͜͝

8 Likes

My yoyos that I’ve been vibing with for 1A aren’t too dissimilar, all modern fairly full sized monometals, all of which have a pretty high level of performance.

A FYFO and Dahlia are what are currently strung up and seeing the most play, but I’ve got a sidelined Houska Dry that replaces the Dahlia not too infrequently.

I play my FYFO the majority of the time, because it’s very easy to play and I like how it feels to use. But when I’m specifically getting inspired by older players, it just kinda helps me get into that headspace by playing a yoyo that feels older. The Dahlia with its flat outer rim and more angled gap reminds me of the Peak and common YoyoJam shapes. The Houska Dry feels very Freehand-ish. It kinda reminds me of the Anti-Yos and other round organic yoyos of the era.

I love watching midschool freestyles and learning their tricks and trying to make my own using them as an influence. And I get more into that zone when I’m using a yoyo that just reminds me more of the era. Maybe it’s silly, but I’m certainly having fun doing it.

I really wanna get a Renegade or a Saber Raider or something eventually, I feel like either one of those would be a very frequent 1A pickup for me.

6 Likes

Oh dang! All three of these look like a treat to play. I’ve never heard of the houska dry. That one really looks like my cup of tea.

I kinda feel like I mostly play one style for 1a; smaller, organic, freehandy little guys (antiyo just did it right. What can I say?) and I can usually find some kind of design element in that vein in the throws I like that most people wouldn’t consider antiyo-y.

Circle city hero (muse is fantastic too), general yo majesty, panorama w/ energy domes, bathysphere, reaper.

Rounds boys for rippin
Wider, anglier(wut?) boys for dialing in tricks

1 Like

i have a dynamic relationship with the mfd fire devil ridgeback.

it’s a beautiful, well shaped and wonderfully textured yoyo. i’ve owned a few, but i’m happy i kept one. i’m more into organics, but the unique feel of the ridgeback keeps me coming back. it has a great weight and is fun to learn on.

3 Likes

here are mine

8 Likes

This is VIBES in a good way!

1 Like

the draupnir is crazy

Trying to get my unresponsive time in before FAF and MRM where I’ll be playing fixed and responsive for a few months.

I think the G2 Soy and the zipline honey badger 23 are very different yo-yos but I got them around Christmas and I’ve really enjoyed both immensely for different reasons.

The honey badger just plays well. It makes life easy and I love the weight.

On the other side the soy is unforgiving and reminds me I need to stay on plane or get more consistent at flick starts.

Both are fun and I will miss playing with them for the next few months.

6 Likes

My currently most thrown. All differ slightly from one another. :rofl:

7 Likes

Bringing it back!

I’ve been throwing two very different yoyos today that I wanted to share!

YYF Pragma:
Diameter of 66.4 mm and Width of 43.82.
Weight of 65.3 grams.
Very solid and competition based throw that is extremely stable! I’ve been loving the way this feels and the dense rim weight and construction feels like I could just do combo after combo nonstop forever. :slight_smile:

Shinwoo Dolphin:
Diameter of 49.3mm and a width of 40.36 mm.
Weight of 64.2 grams.
I absolutely love this little thing. It has a sort of throwback feel to it and has lots of solid center weight that gives it a unique feel. I’ve been jamming out with this thing just freestyling and enjoying the good vibes. :slight_smile:

F̸̢͙̠̬̹̼͋ ̷̨͇̫̻̲̻͈̏R̸̠̙̹̞̕ ̶̡̜̀̈́̎̉ͅÈ̴̞͍̃͂͝ ̴͓̦̦̪̫̅͑̈́ͅË̷̱͉̼́͛̽̽́̋̕ ̵̹̼̱̰̼͈̰̥͋́͋̉D̴̛͕̦͙̦̮̫̥͒̿̈́̓̉̂͑ ̸̧̢̜̰̜͍̉̃Ǫ̴̮͈̟͎͕̐͌̈́̑͜ ̴͚̣͈̭͇̔͘M̸̨̡̹̻̗̀̿̔̏͐

5 Likes

It’s FAF so it’s either wood or metal with a blank

2 Likes