Not so much a question, more of a comment, really

Hans, can you explain this video? Can you? Can you? … CAN YOU?

8 Likes

Not sure what depths of the interwebz @codinghorror was hanging out in when he found this but it looks like the yoyo references were the whole point. As in, marketing stuff

3 Likes

Best. Ever.

1 Like

I’m 47 years old. Born in 1970, to be precise! File that in yer mind grapes @yoyodoc.

Also this may be of interest to you

Why should that be of interest to me? You post a quote of a guy that is praying for confidence. That isn’t very ‘confident’ is it? <> Well; actually that is more of a comment than a question.

And since you are young enough to be my nephew; why should your age be of any interest me?

Regardless of your age; your height would be a better indicator of your potential ability to reach a doorknob; hahaha🤓

Since I withdrew my post; why didn’t you pm me with your stunningly unimportant unsolicited information?

Nothing should ever be of interest to you, sir! And I think that’s how you like it!

I’m thinking you should do like Marie Antionette and quit while you’re a head🤓

There is nothing wrong with ‘thinking’ per se.

Assuming you know me is a foolhardy endeavor.

You are a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, slathered in secret sauce! The great unknown!

Wouldn’t that make me a Hamburger?

That’s more of a question than a comment.

:clown_face:

1 Like

Recording that video was one of the most unexpected experiences of my life. When Playmaxx promoted in the UK in 1998 the ProYo became the #1 toy of the year. I appeared on nationally broadcasted television shows, taught celebrities and ran contests and demonstrations. “YoHans” couldn’t walk down the street without being recognized and tasked with signing autographs. This video was the brainchild of a studio that wanted to capitalize on the yo-yo fever that I was spreading. They contacted me and asked “We want to shoot a music video with you. Can you Sing? (answer: “No”) Well can you rap? (answer: “No”). Ok then we’ll just record a few lines and make it work.” They contacted the original author of the song (then residing in France) and asked permission to re-do the Bangles famous hit. We filmed on a rooftop in downtown London. Lots of fun and now a memory that we can all share from the last yo-yo craze. BTW the release made its way into the 48th position on the UK pop charts for Christmas that year.

6 Likes