Non-Video Gingie Reviews & Tierlist

:star: Duncan Yoyos | GTR-JS | SS Tier :star:

Specs:
Diameter - 55.86mm
Width - 47.15mm
Weight - 63.81g
Materials - 6061 + SS Rings

This is one of the best yoyos currently available on the market. When this yoyo dropped, initially I wasn’t super interested just because I thought it was a simple re-spec of the GTR with a nipple. I had heard it was a great yoyo from people around me, but it wasn’t until I decided, out of pure curiosity, to cop one while attending the US National Contest in 2022. As time would go on with the GTR-JS, I would increasingly notice just how incredibly good it was. It has never felt sluggish, it’s always felt nimble and easily maneuverable. When I bought it, I was worried maybe it’d be slightly anemic and unstable because of how light it was in spite of its size; no sir! The power is solid and the stability is INCREDIBLE for a yoyo under 64 grams. Quite possibly one of the most objectively approachable and well-playing yoyos. There’s almost nothing I would change about this yoyo. It’s extremely well-designed. Not cumbersome or uncontrollable, while having a comfortable shape. The GTR-JS is one of the best bimetals if you hate that gross, almost sluggish rim-weighted feeling. I have monometals that have a more prevalent rim-weighted feeling. The way it controls, in tandem with the fact that it feels as if there’s not much of a tradeoff between the weight and the size, makes it a seriously incredible yoyo. Generally, I’d rate a yoyo with such competitive viability as a “competitive” yoyo, but due to a not very prevalent rim-weighty feeling and a comfortable shape, I feel as if oldheads can really enjoy the GTR-JS as much as competitors. Casual play feels incredible on it, and any competitor can thrash out insane combos on the GTR-JS. There’s a reason most of the Duncan team used this as Nats this last year. Out of pure love and knowledge that this yoyo is built for every style of play, I bring it everywhere with me as often as I can. The only bad thing I’ve heard was one friend mentioning he had to press in the rims because of one harsh ding, but I’ve never had to do anything like that, and I plinked it against cement on the train platform. Buy it.

Play: Everyone

Power: Powerful
Speed: Fast
Controllability: Direct Control
Stability: Built Different

Value: Average
Bind: Average
Sturdiness: Average

Beater moved to S tier, Otter moved to A tier*

17 Likes