Noisy bearing questions?

Ive noticed that some bearings will just remain noisy no matter what you do, and if it bothers you replace it with a new one. Like was already said above, clean and lube them. I myself use 91% isopropyl alcohol, spin it on the end of a pen, and blow out the remaining fluid with canned air. I then get a pin, get my bottle of thin lube and let a drop form at the end of it. I then take my pin and attach a small amount of that drop to the tip (whatever sticks, like 1/4 of a full drop, maybe less), and then apply it directly to the ball bearings. If I have to de-shield, I always let them remain de-shielded (the bearing isnt exposed to the wild like it is with a skate bearing, so it doesnt matter imo).

You can decide to use your bearing without any lube. Bearings spin longer with less resistance, and without lube a fully functioning bearing will spin longer. The oxidation of the metal ball bearings may ruin your bearings over time with this method though, so beware.

1 Like

Got some mineral spirits, cleaned a few, put some thin lube on, I can definitely see, feel and hear a difference, it’s not night and day, but much much better! Could also be that there cheap bearing, most of mine are the ones that can with a few of my responsive yo-yos.the ones that allow you to upgrade to a bigger bearing and play unresponsive. Anyway thanks everyone!! I appreciate the feedback! You guys are great!!

2 Likes

Probably you used too much graphite!
After you put some graphite inside, you have to blow out the extra graphite inside.
What you need is a thin patina inside. Just a patina

2 Likes