No Spinworthy on BST yet

I haven’t seen any Spinworthy that people have got from me on the BST yet… I guess it’s only a matter of time. When you make them yourself, when people don’t like them or are sick of them it can feel a little personal for some reason. Not too personal, but more so…

I’ll be okay when it does happen…:sweat_smile::joy:

14 Likes

Dude, you have a gift for making great jos. Those who find you know what they are looking for, and you most certainly deliver!

6 Likes

It seems like people just genuinely love the stuff you make.

A spinworthy is 110% on my list

4 Likes

Mailday hopefully later today! I’m stoked for some Spinworthy goodness.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot guys. I probably just haven’t got enough out there for it to be resold just yet. It’ll happen one day!

Are be you looking forward to the “Is the Harbinger a Victim of its Own Success” thread?

3 Likes

Yeah. I used to feel defeated a bit when I saw my yo-yos on the BST, but it’s part of the hobby.

5 Likes

We’re just being polite Glen, don’t let it go to your head! :joy:

9 Likes

Haha! Never going to happen!

2 Likes

Yeah I was wondering how other makers felt. Buying and reselling or sorts of stuff is totally normal, though. It doesn’t mean out products are old and boring.

When I sell mine it’ll be at twice what I paid…rarity factor you know!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a number people have a one-of-a-kind Spinworthy. I’m not sure rarity can factor in in this case!

I don’t think your yo-yos fall into the same category as manufacturers that make 100 or even 50+ yoyo runs and distribute them to major yoyo retailers.

You make awesome stuff that is well received, but it’s a lot of one off stuff by request of the customer. That isn’t a bad thing, and caters to a more heirloom type of experience vs. a rush to get it before it’s sold out experience.

Yeah I see what you mean.

The problem is with my stuff is that my one-of-a-kind yoyos won’t be sought after like yours because it’s likely only the one person has played them, so in the eye of someone looking to buy, they can’t find a variety of reviews or opinions on it.

2 Likes

The truth is that most yoyos aren’t going to be in someone’s top 5, and whenever someone wants to clear space to buy something new, anything else could be on the chopping block.

I’ve seen two Diffractions up on the BST here. One was a raw and I ended up buying it back so I could get it custom anodized. :sparkles: I think this is called getting high off your own supply…

10 Likes

You know yoyo dealers aren’t supposed to get high on your own supply!!:joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, it seems there would be a critical number of items in the community for there to be enough discussion for it to catch on. I’d love to see some data, for instance comparing the number of times a yo-yo name shows up in the boards with the number of them released.

2 Likes

Well I sure as heck am not parting with my Harbinger.

I am curious if these might have a market in like 15-20 years, and the kids playing fixed axle yoyos are like, ‘you ever played a Spinworthy? they were one of the best and relatively unknown.’ Then cue the hype.

3 Likes

I’m actually hoping that they will appear on Bargain Hunt in around 100 years with some old antiques expert talking about some odd bespoke wooden mystery yoyo.

6 Likes

How about in 1,000 years when they are talking about your odd, immortal, edible-for-some-reason Survivalist? (Still need one BTW. Please make more.)

2 Likes