No need to...

welcome people in the “Introduce Yourself” thread.

It is unnecasary, like spam. If someone you know comes (Friends), then you can welcome them. I only welcome my friends, no one else.

I know we all want to make people welcome, but it clutters up the thread, and isn’t 100% neccesary.

If they start a thread saying they’re new here, then welcome them. Or they say they’re new and ask a question, along with your answer, welcome them.

They should feel welcome just seeing the message they get and the fact we do have an Introduce yourself thread, but it is ok to welcome them more, just not in the Introduce Yourself thread.

Do it anywhere other than the thread, if they’re new and ask a questions, PMs, etc…

I’m not trying to tell people how to post, just reduce some spam that clutters up the thread.

Sorry if I sound bossy, I don’t mean to.

Thank you.

3 Likes

AMAZING post, thank you so much! ;D

I don’t see it as that big a deal but I don’t care either way.

Well put :wink:

On the other hand, I would feel ignored if nobody welcomed me in a thread in which the sheer purpose would be to make my presence known.

1 Like

True, but that’s what other posts and the chat room are for.

True, but if I were new, I might not know that such tools were at my disposal, and why would I make my own thread if there was clearly space available for me to introduce myself?

Mind you, I have no opinion on the matter. I never read that thread anyway.

no need to bring up this. The “Introduce Yourself” thread is for just that, introducing yourself. It is a nice feeling to be welcomed into a community. as long as the “welcome to YYE” posts stay there, then it is doing it’s purpose.