Next big step in yoyoing?

I’m in the Bay Area (around SF) and Kendama is everywhere.

More than anything I would love to see and increase of kendama players get into yoyoing and yoyoers get into kendama. I think it would be more successful in this area because kendama players already have coordination, patience, balance, and skill which they have acquired from practice so in my eyes it seems that they would be able to learn yoyo easier than those who have never gotten into a skill toy. It would open their creativity even more and they can easily add character to how they do tricks. Same with yoyoers picking up on kendama. They compliment each other so well! With these two things common to each other I think it would open the door for many people to get into both! Collaborations of yoyo companies and kendama companies would add more growth and diversity to both worlds! I’ve been lucky enough to teach a little bit of yoyoing to kendama players and it’s great! I’ve also learned a few things from kendama players and even though I’m not that good at it I’ve noticed my progression increase in the past month applying some of the stuff they taught me. This to me would make yoyoing even better! ;D

I’d be interested in seeing some Kendama players try Yoyo. The biggest and baddest new player we get from kendama is Chris Rodriguez, and he’s with CLYW now. He’s only been throwing for like 2 years and he’s got some of excellent trick composition.