New Zero Gravity BASILISK Release and Hardshell YoYo Holder!

BASILISK:

We wanted to make a yoyo that somehow captures the elements of those lizards: Agile and fast with a centre of mass that provides great stability. The final design is a traditional V-shape with a hint of U-shape that brings more weight towards the rims for more stability and reduces friction between the string and cup. We machined it out of 7003 aluminum which allows us to design thinner walls and to bring that weight in key areas to improve performance and stability.

Releasing Wednesday 8/3 @ 8PM EDT.

Hardshell YoYo Case:

The new Hardshell YoYo Case by Zero Gravity is the perfect choice for travelling or just keeping your favorite throw safe by your side throughout your daily routine. It’s a hard shell case with a sturdy zipper, perfect for one yoyo and a few accessories in the small mesh pocket. Throw it in your bag or clip it on with the included carabiner and you’re ready for the day!

19 Likes

Are these made in the Top Yo factory? I saw that it’s made of 7003, which seems to be kind of a Top Yo thing.

1 Like

These colorways look great.

5 Likes

Thanks @MarkD ! They came out so nice!

2 Likes

Digging the case.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks. They are water resistant too which adds an extra layer of protection.

4 Likes

That seems like a really dual purpose case so I can store a small camera lens in… I kinda want one now.

1 Like

The inner dimensions are:

Diam ~62 mm
Height - 54 mm

1 Like

Did you see my question about where the throws are being made? If you prefer not to say, I understand.

1 Like

Glad to see the Basilisk with a C-bearing like it should be. :rofl:

Love the new colorways, totally lit :fire:

Also, @Ed-C Topyo has really stepped up thier machining lately, so if they are milled there, I would say that’s not a bad thing at all. And I love 7 series AL, so there’s that. :+1:

Plus, knowing Zero Gravity’s past throws, I’m sure this release of the Basilisk will be of phenomenal quality regardless of where it’s manufactured.

3 Likes

Asking if it was machined by Top Yo was not intended to be derogatory. I was just curious since it was made from 7003.

2 Likes

Hey @Ed-C , sorry I missed answering your question. Good observation: Yes, it was machined with them.

We loved how they made the previous run and this one came out with such great quality.

4 Likes

Thanks for your comments @Roman_Soup ! Yes, we decided to bring back the C version of the Basilisk :grin:and as you mentioned, Topyo steeped up their machining pretty recently which delivers great quality.

4 Likes

Those new colors look sick! Glad to see another run of these happening, the OG Basilisk is one of my favorite monometals and probably my absolute favorite V shaped yoyo.

Like the other comments said, Zero Gravity throws are always top notch :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Hey @BadWolfeCo --thanks for your note!! :pray: Glad to hear you enjoy the Basilisk! This run came as smooth as the first one :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

my pleasure!

These throws look so rad!! :fire::fire: Ill probably be digging one :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks for considering getting one @c.yoyo ! It’s a fast and smooth throw.

2 Likes

In case you were wondering how the basilisks look spinning…

9 Likes