New Titanium from C3 - The Radius Ti!

The Radius is the signature series for 2016 & 2017 World Yo-Yo Contest 1A Champion Shion Araya. His signature model has seen 7075, 6061 and 7068 aluminum versions, but this titanium edition is a completely different animal!

The Radius Ti appearance and size are based on the latest AL7068 version. Due to the different features and density of titanium, C3 decided to modify the right-angled section of the body into a rounder shape which gives it some added comfort on the catch and a more powerful feel in play.

C3 and Shion put a lot of effort into fine-tuning the weight distribution in this particular design. It seems simple, but it took many prototypes to adapt the Radius design to a new material. Shion always pursues perfection in his signature models, so even the smallest details like the hub portion has been modified many times to achieve the best possible result! The Radius Ti is perfectly suited for Shion’s speed and tech oriented freestyle, and has a light nimble feel on the string to keep you coming back for more!

C3 finished the Radius Ti with a beautiful purple engraving and packaged in their logo velvet pouch and custom metal tin. Available in two versions: The original eye-catching Radius logo design, and another minimalist engraved edition, specifically requested by Shion, to show off the beautiful lines of his new yoyo!

Releasing Friday 1/15 @ 8PM EST.

7 Likes

If this is anywhere near as good as the KrownTi it’s bound to be fantastic!

2 Likes

I like the bit of color on the etching sadly not in the budget atm but a nice looking ti

1 Like

Wow🙀

All sold out at 4 bills a copy😳

How many were available?

This might be off a little>

But when the countdown timer refreshed to ‘buy status’, I saw 6 of the regular engravings and I was distracted for a minute or so before I clicked on the ‘minimalist engraving model. So when I clicked on that choice, I saw 2 available.

But since I had that pause, there may have been a few more(maybe 3 or 4?) and a few got bagged while I wasn’t paying attention🙀

Based on my unscientific calculations… that would make a total of 8 to ten, total.

But I may be slightly off by 14,208?

4 Likes

I was all set to get one of these. I set my wallet in front of my computer and went to bed (I work night shift). At a half hour before my alarm was to go off, my house lost power because of a storm. Impulse control told me to wait till after work and see if it was still available. Some Ti stay available for a few days, so buying it immediately might not be necessary. Too bad, maybe next time.

3 Likes

I love my radius Ti. While heavier and less-floaty that the Krown Ti; it is a solid performer with superior spin and stability associated with the additional weight. If you were rich; it would be a great pair for 3A too.

3 Likes

I wish YYE was able to get more high-end throws from Japan, Hong-Kong and elsewhere. Covid has made shipping from traditional overseas outlets prohibitive. This seems an opportunity for YYE.

1 Like

The Ti Radius is not heavier than the Ti Krown.

I also have both.

I will agree that the Radius does have a ‘heavier feel’ to it.

Most likely a result with the more powerful rim weight distribution.

I like the Ti Krown so much, that I have 2 of them. (Since 1 will last a lifetime[especially at my age, lol], I don’t have a real valid explanation as to why I thought I needed 2?)

More interesting is that I like the Ti Radius even better…

Yet, I don’t want to spend money on another Ti Radius.

I would rather save up and buy a Magical Thinking Cap.

The kind the guys were wearing when they designed easily one of the very best yo-yos ever made.

4 Likes

how would you compare it with other versions of radius?

1 Like

Is that right? I did not look-up the weights. I should have phrased it the way you did: It feels heavier.

I still love it. I have a bunch of Ti yo-yo’s; all with unique feel to them. This is a great addition to the family. Do I like it more than the Krown Ti? Since I own both, I do not have to decide :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t compare it to others with the same name.

Other than the standard Radius is an excellent mono metal yoyo. They are alike in name only.

The Ti Radius is a whole different animal.

The ‘beast’ kinda animal.

2 Likes