New Surveillance

Anyone tried the new surveillance? compared to old one or other comparable bimetal yoyos?

2 Likes

The Surveillance is one of my favorite bi-metals, second only to the Hummingbird. It is incredibly powerful and stable. It isn’t super wide and it has a nice H shape. I love it.

1 Like

how does it play compared to hummingbird (like speed stable etc?)? also, is your surveillance the first version or the newest?

1 Like

I don’t know the difference between Surveillance versions. I have two, and I got them in 2018 and 2019 respectively.

It doesn’t play as fast as a Hummingbird, but then again not much does except a Draupnir. It is, however, very powerful and stable. On a good throw it spins at high velocity for quite a long time, and it stays on plane like a champ.

I bought the newest it just hasn’t come in yet, I’ll be sure to let you know how it is when it arrives. :owl::raised_hands:t4:

ahh i see, the newest version was just released recently i think (this year i guess). Thank you!

okay! thanks a lot!

1 Like

I knew there was someone asking about the new one! Mine just came in today so I figured I’d give my initial impressions. Getting this out of the way first, absolutely my new favorite yoyo. No competition. It’s amazingly comfortable to use (for me at least), extremely powerful and long spinning, and it feels pretty damn light and fast on the string. Not to mention absolutely dead smooth. It does feel a little on the narrower side, but that’s to be expected with it only being 42.3mm wide. Idk if you have any experience with titanium throws, but they have this kind of almost “hollow” feeling to them when thrown, and the new Surveillance has a VERY similar feeling to it. Makes sense since Mowl says it was one of their goals with the redesign. Mission absolutely accomplished. I guess for anything else you’d want to know, the response is perfect imo. Snappy, but not snaggy in the slightest. The finish is pretty smooth too so grinds are pretty good. Fingerspins do get caught up on the engraving a bit though. So yeah. Just my initial Day 1 thoughts of the new 7075 Surveillance

4 Likes

The Surveillance page at YYE still says “Coming soon!”

When is this thing supposed to drop publicly?

1 Like

Thanks for the impressions! Have you played a V1 Surveillance to compare?

1 Like

I have not unfortunately. This is the first Mowl I’ve owned

3 Likes

I got mine from Rewind. The run came out back on April 6th or something. Might’ve been the 4th. Sat in Japanese customs till May 7th. Sold out in a few days

1 Like

can you compare it to a hummingbird or edolass if u dont mind? since i have tried em both hahaha

1 Like

Haha that’s convenient! I’ve got both of those! As far as the Bird goes, the Surveillance is way more controllable. It’s not as crazy light, but doesn’t feel that much heavier. Also WAY easier to catch imo. Idk why, but the hummingbird was always hard to catch for me. Spins for way longer, feels more powerful as well. As for the Edolass, I think it’s really just different. It’s a lot narrower than the Edolass, but I’d say it’s no less catchable while being easier to navigate through complex tech stuff. The Surveillance is more comfortable to use also. I’ve had some issues with the Edolass being kinda painful to catch off of a hard throw, and so far nothing of that sort with the Surveillance. It feels lighter than the Edolass to me also

1 Like

i see, is the surveillance faster and more stable than those 2?

1 Like

I tried all 3, I am from team yoyofriends but I’ll try to be unbiased here. Hummingbird is the fastest in top end and acceleration by a decent margin. Power wise they are all around equal, I honestly would put edolass and surveillance ahead maybe a little. Catchability wise edolass is the easiest to catch, followed by surveillance then Hummingbird. Float/momentum wise Hummingbird 1st, surveillance 2nd and then edolass. Stability they are all top of the line, you really shouldn’t have any stability issue with these 3 as they are all extremely rim weighted outer ring bi-metal. It depends on what you really like and what kind of player you are.

4 Likes

thanks for the insight!

1 Like

I fully agree with Philip :+1:

This is just my raw personal preference here, but I’d put the Surveillance in first, followed by the Edolass and Hummingbird. Just my personal opinion. If you can, I’d try all 3 yourself rather than just taking my opinion haha

1 Like

okay! and thanks for the insight too!

2 Likes

Anytime!

1 Like