New RSO STARSHIP Release - Lottery drawing Winners Announced!

Due to the extremely limited quantity and high demand of this release we will be holding a lottery for the opportunity to purchase a STARSHIP. We have 3 available.

Please only reply to this thread if you are interested in purchasing a STARSHIP. Three winners will be chosen at random on Monday, March 21st @ 12PM EDT.

From RSO: The STARSHIP is based on one of the prototype CADs of the SPACESHIP. Like most of the other RSO yo-yos, the prototyping process of SPACESHIP was rather arduous.

The first prototype was a 50mm, C bearing, titanium yo-yo. The run was unusually sizable for an RSO prototype, consisting of 8 yo-yos instead of the usual 3. The prototypes were sold in a private Facebook Messenger group consisting of individuals from a yo-yo forum in October 2018. They loved the prototype. I was ready to put the yo-yo into production but changed my mind at the last minute.

Despite the positive response from the owners of the first prototype, a second, larger prototype with a 54mm diameter was made. It had a more “solid” playfeel because it had more rim weight, as well as a D bearing instead of a C bearing. The D bearing yo-yo landscape has changed in recent years, with the usage of the ubiquitous wider 19mm outer diameter D bearing pad specification popularised by Freshly Dirty. D bearing RSO yo-yos like the aluminium Bowl Mini, stainless steel Bowl Mini and TiRAMiSU come with Landing Pads of this pad specification.

STARSHIP is only 0.5g lighter than SPACESHIP - this weight difference is insignificant. However, if you were to blindfold yourself and do tricks with both yo-yos, STARSHIP feels paradoxically “heavier” as the weight is concentrated in a smaller package. Weight distribution wise, both yo-yos are similar, but this is irrelevant as both yo-yos are of different diameters. STARSHIP and SPACESHIP are completely different yo-yos, and it would be worthwhile to own both of them.

The first SPACESHIP prototype was the first RSO yo-yo that came with a CNC machined canister, which costs almost as much to make as an aluminium yo-yo. The black canisters were engraved with the words “SPACESHIP PROTOTYPE” in the alien language I created together with Jason Week, and had the number of the yo-yo carved on the side of the canister. Since then, I have included a delrin canister for the production SPACESHIP (in black and white), Doombot (in red), SPACESHIP ES (in blue) and most recently Droid (in black).

9 Likes

I’m interested.

1 Like

I want one! Pick me please…

1 Like

Sign me up.

2 Likes

I’d love to be in the runnings to get one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In to win

I’m in!

I’m in