New release from Yoyorecreation - The IMPACT!

The latest series from Yoyorecreation is inspired by some famous typefaces. This is IMPACT!

The goal of this series was to take the structure and features of the specific font and interpret it into a yo-yo design. Impact is a bold font that really stands out with its thick strokes and compressed spacing, and Yoyorecreation’s interpretation fits it perfectly. The Impact is a compact slim-line design with a striking flat face and bold profile. It has a literally impactful shape and a unique feel in play. Great for practicing accuracy and a fun pocket yoyo!

The Impact comes responsive out of the box, but it can be switched to unresponsive by swapping in a clean bearing.

5 Likes

There must be a serious shortage in available names for yoyos?

iMPACT

Maybe a new looping yo-yo? The Double Impact?

Or a new 3A yoyo, Sudden Impact?

Possibly a 4A yoyo, the Aerial Impact.

And a 5A yoyo, Counter Impact.

:hatched_chick:

12 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLwpl1vhI8N/?igshid=16jazyd2b4j7p

They said it was purely coincidence in case anyone didnt know that.

4 Likes

Wow, they’re all gone already.

I have no doubt it’s purely a coincidence. But since the Impact was just recently released. And especially if their New release has no name engraved into the halve(s).

They should just come up with another name.

If they are creative enough to come up with designs inspired by type font styles.

Then I don’t see it as much of a challenge to just cook up another name for their New release.

1 Like

All the fonts are registered trademarks so technically…

4 Likes

This one and the draupnir overdrive sold out quick. Would have bought both of them.

Of course they are. As soon as it lacks some kind of functionality, people want it right away.

5 Likes

Hahaha alright man

3 Likes

Does seem to be a bit of a trend. I guess they ran out of ideas for designs and names…

Hockey puck profile! Or maybe it looks like one of those disk-shaped flashbangs that the bad guys used in Die Hard.

High performers are done over hundreds of times. We cant help wanting to throw some goofy stuff.

542fu9

10 Likes

Hi,

Just got my Impact in the mail today from YYE. love it, its a nice, novel, fun responsive throw. I just wanted to mention one little issue I have with mine though- it seems as though one of the silicone response rings is “bubbled” out a little bit, almost like its too large for the hole it fits in. is there anyway I can get replacement response pads? Also- what is the bearing type?

Thanks in advance,
~Strangebird

1 Like