New release from Luftverk x Doc Pop x Ernest Kahn - The Ti Executive!

From @jeffreypang911: Ever since I saw the success of this tiny aluminum pocket throw I knew it would be an instant classic. When the idea was thrown around to make a titanium version me, @DocPop and @Ernest put our heads together and came up with this retro throwback!

The hub area really brings out a Proyo Ace vibe with the Luftverk nipple. The profile is completely unchanged from its aluminum counterpart. The one thing that they nailed in the original Executive was the profile. Something about the original undersized shape just felt right in the hand for a pocket throw. It was an aspect of the yoyo I wanted to leave completely unchanged since it was such a recognizable and iconic design.

The main challenge was converting an existing design to titanium since the material is so much more dense than aluminum. The weight in the hub was extracted quite a bit to remove dead weight. The change from the thicker Onedrop pads to the 19mm slim pads helped shave more material off the hub. This also meant that a captive nipple was needed for the axle - both adding function and from a style perspective, a classic nod to the Luftverk design language.

50 units produced in this batch - get them while you can!

Releasing Tuesday, 11/16 @ 8PM EST.

14 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett have you thrown one yet? Love to hear your thoughts if you have.

2 Likes

Only threw one for a few minutes today, but it felt really nice. Good stability and power for such a small throw. It even handled regens relatively well which is usually the downside (in my opinion) of most yoyos around this size. I think if you liked the original you’ll definitely be happy with the Ti version.

10 Likes

Seems like a good place to drop this interview with Jeffrey Pang that I recently posted. It’s a long one, but filled with the yo-yo history.

14 Likes

This throw has been loads of fun and has become one of my EDC. Fun upgrade from the original.

5 Likes

I have both versions, I honestly love the titanium version. It’s a great pocket throw, feels powerful on the string, it lets you know pretty quickly if you are being sloppy on your tricks.

This is a great YoYo to pull out at any occasion and drop your skills right there on the spot…. The titanium version does the same thing, but would look better if you were in fancy clothing :wink:

Great job @DocPop, @Ernest and @jeffreypang911

13 Likes

One left! Thanks everyone for the continued support :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Is there going to be a batch 0002?

2 Likes

Sounds like a lot of people want another batch! so potentially!

4 Likes

Did all these include the “Executive” pin/badge as part of the package? The promo photos show a pin, but I didn’t get one with mine. :confused:

1 Like

@jeffreypang911

I received a pin with mine, it was in the “Strings and Parts” baggy at the bottom of the box; I did get mine direct from Luftverk if that makes a difference.

2 Likes

I took everything out of the box, unfortunately, no pin. Bummer

My “genuine parts” bag just had a string in it. I got a COA, sticker, business card, lots of foam padding, but no pin. It was already sold out on YYE but I was able to find one from an overseas retailer (whose name means to “wind again”). Perhaps I bought a return and the original buyer kept the sweet pin.

1 Like

Hey!

Totally missed this but I believe you were the one who emailed me about a missing pin. Shipped it out last week!

If anyone else is missing a pin let me know and Ill ship one out as well.

7 Likes