New release from Fair Trade YoYos - The 138!

From Fair Trade YoYos: This model is an homage to our punk rock upbringings, DIY ethos, and inspiration through our youth and community. The Misfits’ “We Are 138” were the inspiration for the dimensions 51x38mm and the final name - 138!

Keeping with the punk, horror and old school inspiration, the overall round shape was inspired by the rounded steel roller skates of the slicked-back rat-rod days, Misfits horrorpunk and giving a nod to the oxy ti as well.

The profile gap still maintains a slight ‘schwall’ as in our previous models, though not as pronounced. It features large rims rounded all the way into the cup that provide a nice IGR and ample rim weight for power and stability in play that play well above it’s compact size.

Releasing Tuesday, 1/4 @ 8PM EST.

16 Likes

Looks quite nice!

3 Likes

I’m proud of the FTY Team for helping to bring this to fruition, and the FSYB Fam for the constant support. Thank you YYE for this opportunity, and I’m thrilled for this to get in more people’s hands. Thank you all.

-eric

16 Likes

I absolutely love my 138! Highly recommend.

5 Likes

This yoyo is pretty nice for the size.

6 Likes

agreed :heart: i think the performance a player can get out of this piece exceeds potential perception…

and you can smack a half-spec in! anyone else been playing their 138 responsive?

6 Likes

Great YoYo!

2 Likes

Looks great! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The initial run of colors immediately reminded me of the teletubbies for some reason lol

3 Likes
12 Likes

The 138 is very pocket friendly. Smooth as butter. Easy to control, spins a long as your combo needs and The colors are great.

12 Likes

Looks amazing! I’m going to have to pick up one.

3 Likes

I really liked this one. It reminded me of the RecRev Neaue on first impression, which was one of my favorite pocket throws. It’s a little larger and plays a little lighter, but has that same undersized organic feel I enjoyed. Definitely recommend if you like smaller yoyos.

11 Likes

Me likey!

3 Likes
9 Likes

I bought one of these instantly and I’m extremely selective in what I buy.

Top notch work, @fatguysnacks247 .

9 Likes

huge thanks @Glenacius_K !!!

2 Likes

Dylan K just did a pretty cool review on the 138. Thought I’d share the link here.

5 Likes

Profesor P. (My Good friend and mentor)
Jamming with 138.

6 Likes