New Release from C3 - The ASTRAEA! 2/14 @ 8PM EST!

Astraea-Header

C3yoyodesign’s new Astraea - Named after the Greek Goddess of Justice! Using unique design elements from four well know C3 yoyos - Bastet, Radius, Atomic Crash, and Fingerspin - The Astraea is a new take on the contest oriented Bi-metal!

c3yoyodesign-astraea-9 c3yoyodesign-astraea-13

C3 started with the Bastet’s base specifications to give the Astraea a comfortable feel in the hand and excellent power on the string. They then mixed in some elements from the Fingerspin and Radius to amp up maneuverability and create an extra stable play experience. Expanding upon the weight disribution of the Atmoic Crash and using much thinner walls with the inner stainless steel rims, the Astraea has a weight distribution that provides even greater stability and minimal tilt during play.

Astrea-Extra

Available in 3 simple yet striking colors with a very cool engraving and limited to only 30 pieces each. The Astraea really stands out in the C3 lineup as a fresh take on competitive yo-yo design.

Thursday 2/14 @ 8PM EST!

https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/products/astraea-yoyo-by-c3yoyodesign

8 Likes

Silver & Purple looks awesome!

1 Like

Reminds me a lot of the TP Colony

1 Like

Looks like a Mythril, I guess they didn’t die anyways.

1 Like

These do give me a TP vibe.

Love the polished colors

3 Likes

Somebody was saying they wished there would be a reworking of the Aviator II, maybe a bimetal. That’s what this looks like to me!

2 Likes

Looks like an older Auldey yoyo the Virus. Looks good.

1 Like

New video. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

dayum that description sounds good

2 Likes

Wow! That yo-yo would be so disappointed if I were the next person to pick it up!

In an anthropomorphic yoyo reality…

4 Likes

I just got mine and holy @&^$!@# this thing is suuuper good you guys. Not sure why these are still in stock but uh… y’all should buy it?

On top of the string feel, which is outstanding, the silver/purple colorway looks better in person than it does in the pics which I didn’t think was possible. This might be one of the best looking yo-yos in my collection, and I don’t even like solids! The purple pops so dang hard off that shiny silver with the sloping cuts, and against that awesome white engraving… just…

I’m lovin’ it

3 Likes

These clean polished shiny simple colors are the best looking yoyos in general imo.

Probably doesn’t grind too well though?

2 Likes

Holy :cow2: I put these side by side and the resemblance is astounding. Granted this is a more “extreme” Aviator 2 because it has a ton more rim weight… but I loved the Aviator 2, so this is right up my proverbial alley.

3 Likes

Here’s another video. This time with Peter Pong!

4 Likes

I cannot agree more. I bought one of these at the release because I saw the great reception it got in Japan. When they sell out that fast it usually means something. In this case; it means a competition-level performer with a soft feel and a ton of personality. Top-Notch spin -time and almost perfect stability that rivals anything I own. Well done C3.

I have fun playing this yo-yo. Highly recommended.

7 Likes

I finally realized what this is: Mythril Gravitas + 2Sick Blitz + Topyo Colossus III.

Plus TP Colony

I don’t have a Blitz, but I have the other two and I don’t see much resemblance there. It is a dead ringer, on the other hand, for a bimetal Aviator II.

2 Likes

The Colossus was the cuts by the bearing, it looks like it has the same design as the Gravitas with the shape of an aviator, the Blitz is a similarly crafted inner-ring bimetel, I brought it up because it is rounded like this yoyo.

OK I looked again at my Gravitas and Colossus and that’s a fair assessment. These are all in the ballpark.

1 Like