New release from 66Percent - The 66% PYRO!

The 8th design from 66percent is a legendary design from Swiss yo-yo brand HSPIN - This is the 66% Pyro!

When the original Pyro was released it was a bestselling model that sold more than 1000 units, a turning point in the yo-yo scene at the time. So it only makes sense to commemorate this special yo-yo.

The biggest difficulty in getting the PYRO to 66 percent was how to reproduce the iconic red Pyro. In the 66% series, there is an unspoken rule that aluminum mono-metals were to be replaced by stainless steel, but with the Pyro, there was no way to make the stainless steel to be red, so they went with a bi-metal design. And it plays AMAZING!

With the classic Pyro engraving, vibrant red ano, and impressive performance the 66% Pyro is an excellent contender for best pocket yo-yo of 2020!

Releasing Friday 5/29 @ 8PM EDT.

11 Likes

That must be a render because the gap of the 66%er is considerably wider than the gap of the full-size Pyro X in that image, which clearly isn’t the case in reality.

Looks like left might be old Pyro?

Edit-says 66% Pyro, not Pyro X. Yoyos had tiny gaps back then

4 Likes

Oh, good catch! My brain just assumed it was a 66% Pyro X.

Did the original Pyro really have a sub-4mm gap??? :astonished:

1 Like

8 Likes

Idk but here’s a gap pic from yoyowiki

2 Likes

this is one of the sickest 66% yoyo yet

2 Likes

I really think this is one of the coolest looking yoyos ever. And it plays incredible.

7 Likes

Yeah, that looks like a first edition Hspin Pyro for comparison based on the flame pattern and dark red/red coloration. The gap was approx. 4mm since it was running on a D-sized bearing. The new iYoYo Pyro has a modified shape, C bearing, and the flames are no longer in the center of the gap.

These new 66% Pyros look super nice though!

3 Likes

The 66% version is listed as having a gap of 4mm, and in the image above its gap is visibly wider than the original Pyro’s gap as shown, so I think there must just be some Photoshop mis-scaling going on there. Either that or the gap in the 3D model is wrong…

I’ve been waiting for these to drop! Just when I told myself “ok you spent enough during quarantine” the 66% Pyro appears :slight_smile:

Wondering if I can get my fingers in there to do mini ripcord starts like I used to do on the Aoda Littles.

2 Likes

I had that green AYYC one, and sold it for $400 on ebay not too long ago to someone in Switzerland.

This mini version looks super cool!

Got one a few days ago, it is very cool. Can’t wait to see what colors YYE has.

It’s so tiny! Play is really fun and looks so sharp next to its big brother!

6 Likes

Can’t wait for mine to get here, though I’m on pins & needles right now hoping my package arrives safely as mail trucks have been getting looted.

4 Likes

It does look sharp. Can you compare how it plays to any other 66%? Like maybe the 66% sleipnir or EB 66%?

1 Like

I, personally feel that most of the 66% feel very similar

3 Likes

I just traded my shutter today.

3 Likes

ooh your thoughts on the 66% Sleipnir?

My little shutter and Pyro are our for delivery today… Excited, will hopefully take my mind off of the recent events going on nationally.

I will be the owner of 5 66% throws now… Currently owning the barracuda, haymaker, edge beyond. The Edge Beyond is currently my favorite of the bunch but they all feel unique in their own way.

3 Likes