New from YYR - Hajime Miura signature AUTOSCOPY!

AUTOSCOPY:

From Yoyorecreation: Autoscopy is the signature yo-yo of Hajime Miura, who has won six consecutive world championships, and in 2018, won two categories simultaneously.

Inspired by his unparalleled career in the history of yo-yos, in which he controlled two yo-yos in the two categories in which he won, we took on the challenge of simultaneously developing a bimetal and off-string yo-yo of the same shape. The result is a yo-yo that can compete in competitions with one or two of each.

In the double-handed division, where a slightly narrower width is considered mainstream, we adopted a width that we believe is the maximum value that can withstand use in competitions. As a result, we settled on specs that overlap with the core of various single-handed styles.

It feels moderately heavy enough to support long combos, but not sluggish, allowing for supple movements.

Releasing Friday 12/3 @ 8PM EST.

AUT(OS)COPY:

Inspired by his unparalleled career in the history of yo-yos, in which he controlled two yo-yos in the two categories in which he won, we took on the challenge of simultaneously developing a bimetal and off-string yo-yo of the same shape. The result is a yo-yo that can compete in competitions with one or two of each.

The size is a bit smaller than the other models in our OS lineup, but the stability is not compromised. While it can be used for various tricks and regeneration, it also provides a good amount of weight and stability for the SOLOHAM style where you are handling two yo-yos at the same time.

Releasing Friday 12/3 @ 8PM EST.

10 Likes

omfg

5 Likes

So what, exactly, is an “Economy” DS bearing? How does it differ from the DS bearing that have been installed in YYR throws in the past?

1 Like

Economy DS bearing would just be the Stainless Steel version. The more premium platinum and gold plated versions are machined by NSK to higher standards which is reflected in the pricing.

3 Likes

Which kind has shipped with YYR yoyos in the past? I don’t remember seeing the “Economy” moniker in yoyo product descriptions before.

1 Like

I would guess just the Stainless Steel versions, but I don’t know for sure. Most companies don’t give us any info on the bearings/parts included.

3 Likes

You can tell the difference between the economy and nsk versions that getting said I’m about 90% sure the majority of yyr throws come stock with economy ds bearings from what I’ve owned.

Nsk ds bearings you can’t see the bearings balls on one side

4 Likes

NSK DS on top, YYR DS on the bottom. NSK always have the “inner track” YYR’s do not.

7 Likes

Do we know where YYR sources their “Economy” DS bearings from? Are they just generic, multi-source Chinese bearings?

1 Like

I think they’re made at the same shop, I just think the YYR DS are designed to be a bit less costly.

1 Like

Buddy, you got some pretty balls :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

The economy DS bearings are just what they say: economy. After a short-while, they get crunchy like most economy bearings.

Get the Platinum DS for the best experience… at an extra $20…

2 Likes

So does anyone here have an Autoscopy? If so, how does it feel/play?

This is a great yo-yo. Like all YYR, amazing performance. The real gem, however, is the Rami. Both are great; but the Rami has a better shape that suits my sloppy play.

Buy both and you will get a relatively expensive lesson on how yo-yo shape affects play. Both the Rami and the Autoscopy share identical weight rings. Only their shapes differ - but the result is startling.

Spend just under $400 and check it out … :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How would you compare the Rami to other YYR designs? Thanks for the impressions!