New dog i got

Go to the shelter and get a dog. Don’t pay huge amounts of money for a purebred dog that’s pretty much guaranteed to be less healthy, and way more expensive, than a shelter dog.

My favorite dog has always been the Labrador retriever. They are great family dogs, they love water. They are also fairly far down in price compared to a lot of other purebred dogs. What I like about them is that they are normal-sized dogs with some strength to them, which makes them feel like animals more than toys which a lot of small dogs do. They are also great to go cross-country skiing with and running with.

how is a shih tzu wasting an adoption?

I have 2 shih tzu’s, and love them both. So friendly, small, so you can always hold them, and just so cute. i love them :slight_smile:

The German shepherd is the most popular dog in America now. I personally prefer the Vizla. (google it) they have an extremely friendly personality to both other dogs and humans. Plus, they don’t shed and are very easily trained.

I’m sorry, who asked you anything?

There’s a topic at hand and I’m trying to help out.

You’re the one making brainless remarks, as usual.

Vizlas are great, as are every other dog in the same family: German Short-haired Pointers, Weimeraners, and Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

We have a weimeraner and he’s goofy as all get-out. But a gentler and more lovable dog you will not find. They tend to be SO social that they can be neurotic, though… you don’t want to take a chance on one of these if you anticipate the dog spending long days alone.

On that note… I personally think crating is for the birds. I know people have success, but every crated dog I’ve ever met is just so over-enthusiastic to be released that they become hard-to-manage attention-seekers during the hours the family is around. No animal wants to be incarcerated. I’d be hyper if I was stuck in a box all day, too.

I know for some families it’s the only option, but every dog I know just sleeps all day anyhow. Once they’re housebroken, all you need to do is be a LITTLE more careful about leaving food in easy reach on counters.

Ya we were thinking about visula but then we couldn’t find any to adopt in the area!

I don’t have a dog, but my family has been looking to get one for a long time. I’ve seen a few breeds that look good. First of all, a friend of mine has a Welsh Corgi, and just let me say, that they’re the bomb. Also, I met a Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier, and they’re pretty cool. Really soft and nice, but still a good big dog. The thing is, there are two kinds of cuts, the first one below (which I think looks terrible), and the second one, which in my opinion looks good (the second one).

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQb311bZZnppp5ek0oHo8fEIWZ2GHj7w6k0YxHMwIfnVjj1XZI3

http://cdn-www.dailypuppy.com/dog-images/brogan-the-soft-coated-wheaten-terrier_43392_2012-01-02_w450.jpg

Isn’t that weird some of our friends have corgi’s too!

A Puli dog

A what?

look it up

You should get 400 dachshunds. You cant go wrong with dachshunds. Especially a lot of them.

The problem you get by clicking on that link is that there’s a bigger similar-looking breed of that one, realizing that Komondor really should be the way to go…

We’re talking dogs with dreads here, you can’t really go wrong.

I showed it to my mom she said she doesn’t like it’s dread locks bummer I thought it looked cool :frowning:

You honestly couldn’t use context clues and realize he was talking about a breed of dog?

I do t have one but my friend does and he told me the main job of a dachshund owner is to return its ears back to factory setting.

Right now I have an American bulldog and she is awesome. Although she is very energetic.

My aunt use to have what I believe to be a flat coat retriever. It was awesome it was calm ,great with her kids nice ,and a good medium to large size.

Another great dog is the Bernese mountain dog. That dog is great it is rather energetic ,but it is just really really nice