New Dino Edition First Bases from Recess!

First Base:

The First Base was created to serve as an affordable top performance yo-yo for everyone from beginner to pro! It’s a full sized yo-yo with a really comfortable shape that fits nicely in the hand and has excellent stability on the string. The First Base is fitted with a slim bearing to excel at beginner tricks right out of the box and an optional size C bearing for more advanced unresponsive tricks.

11 Likes

love those stock levels.

Clear: 80
Translucent Purple - Pterodactyl Edition: 120
Translucent Blue - T-Rex Edition: 120
Translucent Orange - Stegosaurus Edition: 120
3 Likes

I jumped on that Stegosaurus edition almost as soon as I saw the post.

1 Like

Stegosaurus was my favorite too, probably going to grab one myself.

3 Likes

I am pretty shocked that Tyler stopped the communication completely with his backers on this Kickstarter thingy and now they pop up here on YYE. I still wait for mine since since Dec. 2020. :frowning_face:

9 Likes

Yeah I wasn’t expecting to see this today. I wanted to give recess the benefit of the doubt after seeing people complain, on the throwers Reddit, about undelivered items and ignored messages. It’s a small business and Tyler does a lot for the community so give him a bit of a break.
But after this Kickstarter, all the backers have been let down. I understand there’s gonna be delays, there always is with Kickstarter, plus with the pandemic it was inevitable. What I wasn’t expecting was the items to have turned up and then go to the retailers first! I’ve never seen that happen before. I’m still wanting there to be a total normal explanation for all this but the backers haven’t heard a word from Recess in months

10 Likes

i’m
pretty shocked that you’re
shocked you haven’t heard from Tyler lmao

11 Likes

Fun fact: although pterodactyls lived alongside dinosaurs they were not in fact dinosaurs themselves

8 Likes

and it is believed many dinosaurs had feathers… and delicious choclatey candy eggs.

10 Likes

Just in case anyone is interested / is a backer and didn’t see Tylers update yesterday here’s an update on the orders:

Hello everyone,

Thanks again for your support and patience. I ran through the entire backer list today and have messaged (i think) everyone with any outstanding package.

Didn’t get a message and still have a question? Please message me here or via email at tyler@recessintl.com

-Nickel Joyride
Still a few weeks out. Late May realistically. If you need a refund in the meantime let me know and we can work that out <3. They will for sure be worth the wait.

-Tshirts
Dino shirts are taking too long to arrive. I’m going to offer everyone a substitute tshirt, or a refund. I don’t want anyone waiting any longer.

-Any other First Base
There are plenty to go around :). If you have a tshirt in your order I have messaged you asking if it is okay to send you a substitute shirt instead of a Dino shirt.

I am sorry if it scared anyone seeing them on retailer websites. I wasn’t necessarily looking at this Kickstarter from the “exclusivity” aspect - But more so that everyone was getting YoYos at a discounted rate and were supporting a tour promoting yoyoing.

Thank you again for your patience and persistence. Any other questions feel free to message me here or email at tyler@recessintl.com

<3
Tyler

13 Likes

Thanks for sharing this here - I just wanted to add that immediately when someone commented asking why retailers received the Dino First Base I reached out to him and Tyler explained that the people who did not receive their yoyos were the backers who ordered the yoyo with a t-shirt. Obviously as a kickstarter campaign goes I understand backers expectations is they would be first in line and the fact that Tyler had all the yoyos sitting without the shirts ready I guess he felt it was ok to sell to retailers. Whether this was right or wrong - Tyler did immediately respond explaining to me he did reach out to all the backers that had the open shirt/yoyo combo to explain so I do think he quickly corrected the situation and really means well.

The First Base and this series with the special dinosaur artwork is such a special yoyo and project with the larger intention of Tyler actually getting in front of a lot of new people and training others on how to spread the joy of yoyo. So hopefully people can see the good in that and just know Tyler is a good person and will take care of you (and if he doesn’t just let me know!) :rofl:

14 Likes

I ordered 3, 1 of each. Not because I need 3 First Base yoyos, I already have what I need. No, I ordered 3 because these are my favorite gifting yoyo. I have a close friend who has a birthday coming up. He may get a yoyo. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yeah, I ordered two for the same reason, because when they are out of stock they have been out of stock for awhile at times. The Dino graphics are fun as well. I really enjoy the 1st Base no matter how its set up.

3 Likes