New Arizona made model from YYF - The American!

From YoYoFactory: We fired the machines back up for our first new made in Arizona yo-yo since the HEIST!

Gentry Stein tipped his herritage designs to blend his first signature ‘Super G’ design with his modern Shutter to create a unique profile. Super G was used by Gentry to take 3rd place in the World Contest. Shutter, was used for a win.

This yoyo is the missing link between Shutter and Super G” Super G was kinda bulky, Shutter offered more comfort, float, and speed. By mixing design qualities of the shutter this makes what was wrong with super G right.

Online Now!

20 Likes

Nice! Never been prouder to be an american lately :us::+1:

11 Likes

The engraving on the $100 colorway is SICK

11 Likes

This is a really nice looking throw. It definitely looks lime a Super G/Shutter hybrid.

4 Likes

IMO, american made throws should be a STANDARD not a gimmick used to sell yoyos

8 Likes

That is a fine looking yoyo. I don’t know if YYF has a machine shop in house, or, if they contract out to a local shop. Either way, strong work on keeping the price reasonable.

10 Likes

Sounds like they did it…

Love it!

1 Like

Appreciate your support?

5 Likes

We produced YoYos exclusively in America for a for a good 5 years that was a really rad era. It’s something we can only continue to do with the support of players choosing these YoYos. We are in the process of prototyping our ‘sophomore’ production back and next one after that looks to be a Bimetal. Its what we do best. We had to teach the local anodize shop techniques and we have some exciting looks coming there, we run the lazer in house so expect more fun editions of made in usa yoyofactory in 2021.

28 Likes

■■■■ to late the green one was amazing

4 Likes

I love these! Don’t think you have to be American to appreciate these, they are stonking!!!
That green on is right on the money.

Incredible yo-yo factory. Keep up the amazing service :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

I picked up one from the gentry release. Not the biggest shutter fan out there, however really have taken a liking to this throw. Idk how to describe it in sensible terms but it just feels better than a shutter to me.

1 Like

Just received the American, it feels better than the shutter to me also,much more stable and look awesome!!
Love YYF!!!

14 Likes

@yyfben2.deactivated Will we ever see an American released in Gentry’s favorite color: aqua?

We made a conscious decision to different it from shutter. If it finds its own identity it would be fun to do a shutter theme tho

3 Likes

Well, the Snapshot and Replay/Pro have been released in aqua and they aren’t part of the Shutter line. The Super-G had an aqua/blue splash colorway, and some of its DNA can be found in the American. I don’t think of aqua as a Shutter colorway, but rather, a Gentry colorway.

2 Likes

Please let me know if you get more of the $100. Looks great

2 Likes

So my wife surprised me with one of the $$$ versions for an early Christmas gift. I am a big fan of this throw. Arguably the best mono-metal available from yoyofactory and easily the best mono-metal I’ve gotten this year. I already ordered another so I keep this one undamaged.

14 Likes