Need Some Help

Hey all, I’m just getting back into yo-yos after about 6 or so years of just messing around with one. I’m having a hard time deciding which i should get. I’m leaning toward the YYJ Legacy, but I have no clue. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a good choice, but you’ll need to learn binding for that. I would suggest the Journey or Speedmaker over that just because it can be made responsive or unresponsive much easier.

I would look I into the kickside because it takes damage vey well and is just a great overall throw

Alrighty, I’ll check both of those out. And I’ve looked into binding; doesn’t look like it’s too hard. My friend just purchased a velocity and learned to bind in 2 days, so I’m not really too worried

a velocity is good 4 all skill level. u should get 1

I tried out my friends Velocity. I didn’t like it too much. I don’t know why really

Ah yes. I actually forgot about the Velocity haha. That would be a great choice, as well as the Legacy. Either way, you’ll need to either pick up some replacement response for when the stock ones wear out. The main options there are CBC pads for the Velocity (or YYJ silicone o-rings for the Legacy) or flowable silicone (or gasket maker silicone, both of which can be bought at auto parts stores or hardware stores).

Well, I’ve been asking around like all day in chat and such, and found that I’m most likely gonna get a Northstar. Seems like the best choice. Should i still get the replacement stuff?

Well, I wouldn’t drop 40 dollars on a yoyo, especially if you aren’t sure if you’ll stick with it or not.

I’d say get a Journey. It is cheap, reliable, and can play with the best of them.

Me too!!! :wink:

I second that motion