Need help!

Hey guys… this is completely unyoyo related, I need some advice, I just received a letter in the mail, telling me that come June they are going to put my condo on a tax sale…I am only a quarter and ahalf behind, but I pay 4100 a year for a condo!! Outrageous!! Most of you know my situation so you know I can’t do anything about, I’m freaking out, that’s why I haven’t been on here or even yoyoing the past week of so…any advice would be great!!! Everyone I know on here and I trust… I’m in this weird grey area it seems I can’t do anything but watch them take all my stuff…

5 Likes

When is the sale? Have you considered liquidating your house?

2 Likes

Your tax bill for a condo is 4100$ per year!!! Sell that thing and move to a more favorably taxed area! Sounds crazy, but I know many people who have moved to reduce their tax burden.

2 Likes

Yeap, every 3 1)2 months it’s 1,042.49 for 4 walls and my condo fee is 200 a month…there are 177 units in my complex,I went around and counted a few times, that’s 35000 a month, over 400k a yr!! For what?!? I see them have ppl come cut the grass every other week,these landscapers must be getting paid a fortune…south Jersey stinks!!!

1 Like

That’s crazy!!! Those NE states are out of hand with the taxes!! You need to move down south where the air is cleaner and the water is sweeter. As a comparison I pay approx 1400$ per year in taxes for 24 acres and a 2200 sq ft home in GA. Good luck with whatever you decide!

4 Likes

Are you serious!! Like what is so cool about south Jersey?? It’s so boring where I’m at, I’m an hour north of AC, 15 mins from the ball parks in philadelphia.when I had my property assessed at the end of the year, I found out 51% goes to the high school because we are a regional high School 3 twnships goes there,but apparently it’s a joke now compared to 20 yrs ago when I was a senior, I’ve lived in the town all my life,my town is probably 5 miles wide lol I know everyone …I’d love to sell my place and bounce,but with my MS,and waiting for social security,itd be a risk…but on the other hand it maybe beneficial…I’m torn…stinks I’m tired of sweatin this stuff, stinks being an adult haha

2 Likes

That sucks Chris, I really hope you work it out. Maybe one thing you could try… In california, you can challenge property value assessments. Have you looked into that? If your home value recently spiked and you can fight it back down, then you’ll owe less in tax.

Throwing Gnome, that’s crazy cheap, wow! I am finally coming to the realization of what my new house will cost me in LA and let’s just say I am literally buying a good car every year in property tax. (2500 sqft, less than an acre)

West coast pricing (SF, LA, Seattle) is shameful. But admittedly this is will hopefully be my wife (Spottedbanana on YYE, for those who remember the old days… Yes we got married!) and my forever home.

7 Likes

Don’t even get me started on NYC taxes…

2 Likes

I just got a letter in the mail this evening, 2nd time I got shot down disability, it actually says and I quote, despite your tremors and balance issues associated with your Ms flair ups, you should be able to stand, sit and move about well enough to work, Your vision can be improved with glasses, your condition affects your ability to perform some activities, but you should be able to take care of personal needs do simple jobs and understand hwo to follow instructions… What a joke…

4 Likes