Need help identifying what bearings these YoYos use

This is a long shot but I’m hoping someone in here knows; these YoYos were a big part of my childhood and I just discovered them in my cupboard after more than a decade but none of them seem to have any bearings in them and I couldn’t find anything online that would point me to the right ones. These are also pretty old at this point so I’m not sure if they even exist, hence the long shot.

Any help on where I could get them would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I know nothing about YoYos apart from the ones you see in the picture that I had as a kid.

2 Likes

These are Looping yoyos, what people would classify under “2A”

If you want to start using them again, I would honestly just grab a new set of yoyos.

The bearing that came with them is kinda hard to source for cheap within the yoyo community as that specific size has since been phased out. I think it’s a B size, or some other obscure size, commonly found on the Renegade. I don’t know if you may have left them out of the picture, but you’re also missing the spacers that were inside the yoyo. I’m not sure if those spacers are compatible with other 2A yoyos as I never owned this specific yoyo. This just gives you more reason to just buy a new set of 2A yoyos if you want to start throwing again.

4 Likes

I thought this generation was like the raider bearings maybe I’m mistaken. If we have the sizing for the bearing you can buy just about any size

Here’s a link to a discussion with a picture here. Unless you have the spacers shown in the picture, there’s not much point in finding a bearing. The bearing is also shown and it is an odd size probably not available on this site. The second picture shows the spacers and the bearing.

Here’s the pics from the discussion:

Ahh those old brass spacers. I wonder if I set of sunrise would fit it.

The modified shape shockwave was using size K bearings same as raiders, they also shared the same guts as fire thunder, velocity and fire lightwave.

2 Likes

Those auldey spacers are too thick unless if you sand down to reduce the extra brass material

I’m willing to bet these should fit perfectly.

2 Likes

I reckon it fits since the diameter of the spacers are standard, if the auldeys spacer slot from the halves are deep he can just add a layer of shims

Thank you so much for the help everyone, I’ll look into the suggestions and see if I can find the spacers somewhere in the pile too. This community is awesome!

2 Likes