Need a partner to create a yoyo

Hi! I have recently taken an int interest in creating a yo-yo. I have a few ideas, but I need someone besides just me to get it started. I need someone with a little bit of yo-yo experience. PM me if you think you would like to be part of the company.

I think is is better to list the qualification that you need. or to list the idea that you have and what your goal on this.

Good luck.

I got your PM, but you are relatively new and I don’t really think you know the creation process for a yoyo. But yeah if you list your qualification and get a rough idea out that seems semi decent then maybe I might help.

Um, yea, not trying to discourage you or anything, but I don’t think you’re really ready to make your own yoyo yet. I think you’re underestimating the amount of work that goes into creating your own yoyo, even when you have it machined by a third party. If you’re planning on doing the machining yourself, do you have the equipment? And if you’re planning on having a third party such as a machine shop machine the throws, do you have the money? And considering your last post about making a yoyo out of gel, that confirms you need some more experience.

1 Like

Times are changing with the advancements of 3d printers. it’s not like it use to be with have to machine the prototype prior to getting a mold. There is allot of research that need to go into it and balance is everything I wouldn’t even know where to begin.

Please no. No more plain ol’ yoyos. Unless you plan on doing something radically clever, new, or innovative then don’t bother.

“Get out of gel free” card.

I’m inclined to agree. There are tonnes of similar yoyos on the market as it is, I’d much rather see a new yoyo company doing something different and exciting rather than just machining another basic shape.

A PSA.

The OP made this buy/sell/trade thread.

This was the picture the OP supplied. I’d suggest caution before you send anything to the OP.

Actually I’d suggest not making any arrangements with the OP at all. Very sketchy.

http://www.yoyoskills.com/?p=11423

1 Like

No offense, but I have to agree. This formula applies, no matter who it is, or what ideas they have:

Registered 3 days ago + a mere 17 posts + no feedback + a sketchy BST post = Beware.

Any one of those factors by itself is enough basis for suspicion.

I kid. But seriously, as pointed out already, it all looks kinda dodgy. Proceed with caution, if at all.

3 Likes

^ :smiley: That was a good one. :smiley:

To Everyone: Everybody, stop discouraging him. If you all think that his idea is silly, don’t help him.

To dub yoyo: I would gladly like to help, although I have no idea how to make a yoyo (you would also need someone else that knows this kinda thing). Unfortunately, I working on a yoyo with a friend of mine who is great with wood. I would suggest to work with wood first. It sounds a lot easier and less expensive.
Now, many people are saying that you can’t do it yet. They may be right. The only way anyone can say this yet is by having your try it. I would suggest to try it. If you try it, and it doesn’t succeed, then that’s okay. You can either 1) give up, or 2) try again.
Don’t let anybody tell you that you are not good enough at yoyo to be able to do that. How on earth would they know? Anyways, how does making a yoyo having anything to do with how good you are at it. They are different things that can’t compare.

I wish you good luck in your adventure and I hope you succeed,
-Zorro

I can help with CAD work.

But is ur goal to make a few for urself and a few friends or to do a small scale run or a large scale run.

I’d stay away from a large scale run but a very small prototype run may be up ur alley.

Hope u have around $500 to spare.

I think you should wait. A good idea is to contact someone who manufactures yoyos. I don’t think you understand the amount of work you need to put in to a yoyo. Everything has to be precise and you can’t just design a model on CAD and expect it to play.

You know brother…I was going to agree w/all the others that say there are all ready too many yoyo’s on the market…But screw that dude-Go for it man…if you believe and you have that yoyo fire in your heart, then anyone one can be a Brett Grimes!!!
Just Do It…
8)

It’s just that we don’t want him to waste money, it takes a LOT of money just for one run. It usually takes multiple runs for a yoyo that people would satisfied with. I don’t think it’s a good idea to rush into this. You should only make your own yoyo when you are one hundred person prepared and you have researched the heck out of the topic.

You would not believe the amount of money it takes to start a yoyo company PROPERLY.

I can personally attest to putting THOUSANDS in to Radical Seas.

Even though it’s the most expensive, prototyping is my absolute favorite phase.