Need a new yoyo

ok so I’m new and I was looking at the Dark Magic 2. it looks good from the reviews, but i hear that people like the double o-ring response better than the silicone o-rings. can i put double o-rings into the Dark Magic 2? and i was also wondering which one you guys like better, the Dark Magic 2 or Northstar or Hitman

Are you are trying to compare rubber O-rings to silicone O-rings? Or silicone O-rings to silicone stickers?

I like them in this order: Sticker > sili O-ring = Rubber O-ring
Stickers can get expensive, because they tend to not last as long, especially if you don’t keep your yoyo clean.
Performance-wise, I like the stickers, because they make my yoyo feel smoother than O-rings. Once the O-rings are worn in, they feel relatively the same.
The recess that holds O-rings tends to be deeper than the recess that holds stickers, so you can easily fill them with flowable silicone.

I like Dark Magic 2. You may also want to check out SR-71.

what yoyos do you currently own?? whats your price range???
my protostar is a fantastic yoyo and my brother has a revolution which is also very good.

I personally enjoy any hybrid or o-ring system because I think it does a great job of coming back when you want it to. And, you DON’T have to replace O-rings as to silicone, you do almost every week and it gets irritating (at least to me it is). It makes a big mess; especially if you get silicone [flowable] on you hands. It takes forever to scrub off. You also have to keep buying silicone to keep your yoyo binding correctly (or you can buy pre-made rings here at YYE, but it still costs money). O-rings are clean and low maintainance. :wink:

If I flowable a yoyo it lasts 3 months of hard play

I prefer the hit man (pro)

i’m completely new to yoyos. i’ve only played with some of my friend’s and i was looking for a good one to start with. I know how to bind so unresponsive yoyos are no problem. And my price range is around 40. Also i’m still confused about the difference of silicone o-rings to normal o-rings. Like do they both last for a while and can use them for a long time or do i have to replace silicone o-rings often. and if i do, could i just replace the silicone o-rings with normal o-rings?

You will always have to replace silicone, but that response make your yoyo play smoother. O-rings you never have to replace, but your yoyo won’t be as smooth.

From your criteria, you might like a Dark magic (version 2) or maybe a northstar.
They are both around $40.