Naming Scheme

Who and how do you come up with names? Do you guys have a naming scheme or do they just spark up? Which do you think is the most interesting/brilliant name and what’s the most interesting story behind a name?

2 Likes

Great question. Each yoyo has a different process for naming. Some ideas have a name from the beginning. For example Benchmarks - the conception of that idea had the name as part of the idea. Sometimes different people suggest things.

The one we struggled the most on was the Rally. We literally spent a few weeks arguing about it every lunch. It was really funny - no matter what someone came up with, someone else said they didn’t like it. Andrew suggested Rally one day and we were all loving it.

The Yelets was weird. We took the width and diameter and mapped them as coordinates on the globe and decided whatever city it was to would be the name. Turned out to be Yelets. Not so sure this naming was the best idea haha

So it just depends :slight_smile:

16 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I know right? lol

2 Likes

You’re lucky it wasn’t in the ocean, considering how much of the surface is ocean… :wink:

4 Likes

Change the unit, ignore zeros and try again!

1 Like

I suppose if it was, we would have done something different … can’t remember what the back up plan was.

2 Likes

The Atlantis?
The R’lyeh?

4 Likes

I like it

2 Likes

I love how the Yelet got it’s name!

3 Likes

Same here, pretty neat concept.