my yoyo finger hurts ...

as all of you know your middle finger will hurt after 30or so min. its a common problem but its starting to tick me off … so is there any way to pass this problem, does a glove help???.. and my parents are getting mad cuz ever time i do my homework i yoyo and my parents are goin to check on me ,i rush to take the string off my finger but they see a line across my 1st and 2nd knckle. i would put a hockey tape but the string often slips off my finger.

Band-aids work well. Medical tape works well. Even just regular tape works well.

Homework is more important than yoyoing. Sorry, but I’m siding with your parents on this one. Do your homework, then you can have time to yoyo.

Maybe you shouldn’t be sneaking in a yoyo session during homework. :wink:

see these guys playing with tons of new expensive yoyos ? well, they probably did their homework !

as for the finger, it’ll eventually go away, getting your priority straight might help :wink:

Soon a callus will form around the area where the string is and the pain will be gone.

After alot of yoyoing (after a few weeks or a month) the pain goes away, but the “ring” the slip knot leaves behind will always happen :frowning: Sorry, but just do your homework first, then you don’t even have to worry about it :wink:

my yoyo finger has a six pack.

you’ll grow callus after a while. i used a thick bandaid. the surface was a bit rubbery on it as well. cut it in half so it wont interfere with your tricks.

I always do that. Haha I am always yoyoing while working, but I will eventually get my homework done. When you yoyo for a long time, calluses form on your finger. I don’t know if you do this but when i throw, the string slides past the top part of my finger and is extremely callused there because that is where the string slides past for friction everytime I throw. Also doing eli hops many many times, or other tricks like that will callus your left(or right for lefties) index finger. It happened to me.

weird, I don’t have that “ring”

but the slipknot usually tends to slowly slip off my finger, I have rather dry skin tho

my main problem was non throw hand index string burns when I was working on my 1 1/2 mount, now it’s gone

practise looping with ur left hand, when you get used to it you can loop while doing homework at the same time, when your parents ask to see your finger show them your right hand and they wont see it

Or just do your homework and then learn looping after it’s done.

I would say for at least 90% of you guys that aren’t living on your own, your parents do sooo sooo much for you that you might not even realize. How are you on the computer? Do you have a cell phone? Etc…

2 Likes

i have to agree with this.
i have the same problem, but i can’t help it. if i get stress out on anything, including jobs and life, i play yoyo, it kinda calm me down.
what i do is just make sure anything need to be done, done.
anyways, anything works better if you don’t get stress out.
but i don’t recommend this… :-X :-X

Okay I don’t have a callous, and I do throw a lot. want to know my secret. I move the the string. There is a fair amount of space between your first and second knuckle. won’t prevent the ring entirely, but it keeps the circulation in you finger at all times, and you wont have it hurt. Just move the slip knot a tiny bit after about every 10th to 15th trick.