My question of the day.. Deadly Spins Wrath.. What happened?

On the topic of manufacturers that sort of fell off the radar, does anybody know what happened to “Blood Brothers”? I have only seen one yo-yo out of them, what happened to the other 2 that they said they would make? I really enjoyed the First Blood Brother, would love to check out the others. ???

I think it would be a shame to retire the Wrath. The Wrath was a 'first pitch Home Run. I would not hesitate to say that I can’t think of another Company, that has ever released a First yoyo model that plays as well as a Wrath.

I Hope the Pride turns out to be even better than the Wrath.

The Wrath was a Home Run. If the Pride is a Home Run with bases loaded, I won’t mention the Wrath again, lol.

PS, the only thing I feel might have hurt the Wrath sales, was I don’t think the Colorways were very high in the eye candy department. Totally my opinion. I think if Jason Wong would have did em up, they would have sold out in ten minutes.

I am really happy that I got one of the purple bip bop looking spatter finish ones. There were only about 5 of them. I love this Colorway.

I saw one on Ebay for 50 bucks. But I didn’t buy it because of the drab Colorway. And I have seen a few on the BST and did not care for them either.

So even though the yoyo design and performance is outstanding, I guess I want to enjoy the color too(like picking out car colors). If you are going to keep it for awhile, ya better pic something you want to see for some time to come.

1 Like

The second Blood Brother was released. I’m not sure why YYE does not stock that version. I keep forgetting to ask. I don’t fancy the look of it anyway though. :-\

Well I guess it’s time to let everyone know that I’m the one who won the DS Pride Proto. :wink:

I just recently bought a Wrath from YYE because I gave up trying to find the color I wanted on the BST. Finally I broke down and bought a new Gold colorway version, and when it arrived I realized the box was a bit oversized for just one YoYo. Sure enough, there were two YoYo’s inside with a note stating that I was the random winner of the DS Pride Proto !!

I can count the number of things I have won in my life on one hand, so I was thrilled.
I have not honestly had any real time to spend throwing it yet, but I will certainly share my impressions of it soon. I will say that I LOVE the Wrath though. I agree with LinkLegionaire that it throws a bit light, but there are days & moments when I prefer a lighter throw. I’m a bit bummed I did not get the colorway I wanted, but I’m glad I waited to buy one or I would not have won the Pride. I guess my patience paid a nice dividend after all.

Thank You Andre & the folks at Deadly Spins.

I’ve been interested in getting an all black one for a couple weeks (Whenever I see the Wrath pop up in discussions here and there everybody says they like it so I figure why not try to find one), been on the lookout in the BST. I may end up just picking up a solid turquoise one in a few weeks.

In response to the initial question, the answer is basically marketing. This isn’t just promotion, but also many other elements including distribution which seems particularly relevant to the Wrath.

There’s so many nice yoyos being released lately it’s hard for a new brand to stand out regardless of how good their first offering is. Sometimes they’re able to get peoples’ attention by having prominent players involved, such as Brett and G-Squared, or by having really unique designs like X3. Even then these brands still aren’t nearly as popular as successful well-established brands like CLYW and OneDrop, regardless of the fact that their products may be just as good or even better.

This threads is actually a great way to draw attention to the Wrath. I know I’m a lot more interested in trying one now.

[quote=“yoyodoc,post:1,topic:55101”]
I’m curious to hear your top 10?

Just so everyone knows the Wrath will definitely be made again! It will not be made any time soon however so I say pick up them in the store or bst while you can!

Why is it still advertised then?

I couldn’t really say !! …Great question though.

I did just take delivery last Fridy, so maybe they just haven’t taken it down yet.

I’ll drop Andre an E-Mail and ask him just that. I wonder if there are more than just this one to be given away ?

Pretty sure there was ony one being given away. That prototype is rare too. Ivan only think of a couple of them made.