My 1 year Day

OK, May 11, 2011, I started with the yoyo, “for reals” this time.

May 11, 2012, that makes today my 1 year anniversary, and I’m still highly interested in this. I may not be very good, and I’m slow to learn tricks, but I’m still having a great time.

A little back-story for those who don’t know. I got my first yoyo in 1978 for I think Christmas, but it could have been my birthday(they are close together). It was a wood duncan Imperial. Couldn’t do anything with it. People would show me they could do something, but wouldn’t stop to show me how to throw it. Wore out the string to the point where it couldn’t be fixed, and then the yoyo was taken away from me. End of yoyo.

Jump to late April 2011, when after a show, I decided I needed a hobby that was lighter. Some basic research using my limited knowledge of yoyo, and I chose a Duncan Imperial and a Reflex. I knew the Reflex was just a tool to help me get started. May 11, I went to the local Toys R Us and got those items. After succeeding at Gravity pull, I’d already exceeded my results from 1978, so it was time to learn some other stuff. Search for yoyo learning videos got me to YYE. After some serious information overload, I had to stop and absorb the information. Then, on June 6, 2011(National YoYo Day), I made my first purchase of a DM2, string, thick and thin lube and some extra response pads.

I’ve been yoyoing for about a year and 2 months. I found a Duncan Imperial and was very interested in it so I began to learn more and more. I also don’t learn the fastest but it is probably the most fun thing I do.

Funny, my 1 year day was yesterday. :smiley:

That’s a great story! I’m glad you still enjoy it so much! I’ve only been throwing for about 5 months and I am absolutely in love with it!! I’ve never been more passionate about something and I hope to say this way forever!!

It is great to have someone like you around! I hit my 2 year mark about a month ago

This Sunday will make it my 2 years of being back into yoyoing, and being in the loop of modern yoyoing. It was Mother’s Day 2 years ago when I made a last minute run to Toys R Us to pick up a Wii game my mom was interested in. I had also snagged an FH2010. Wanting to get back into yoyoing, I had picked up a pretty solid yoyo (not realizing until reading the rave reviews on it afterwards) that lasted me until the pads wore out. Initially I was going to pick up the Xodus II as it ‘looked cool.’ I’m glad I went with the FH back then.

Prior to 2010, I threw off and on…previously before that when I was consistently yoyoing was around the 1998-99 boom…that is until Pokemon took my life from under my feet…darn you Pikachu!

On my birthday june 27 I will hit my one year mark. My present is a trip to the one drop factory( thank god I live in Portland)

Wow Chris, I can’t believe it’s already (or only) been a year that you’ve been on the scene now! Good to see you sticking around my friend. Keep at it :slight_smile: