Music recommendation

All Time Low, We the Kings, The Academy Is, Chiodos, Hawthorne Heights, Fall of Troy, Senses Fail, Secondhand Serenade, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Escape the Fate, and Plain White T’s.

Those are some of the bands I listen to.

So…emo stuff…Im sorry, Post Hardcore…:stuck_out_tongue:

I set my friends on Fire. and Oceano…And Arsis. and Cetinex

It’s all good, lol. I’m not emo, but I guess I like the music. I Set My Friends On Fire is also awesome. :slight_smile:

emo is an actual genre you know. and i’m sorry but i set my friends on fire is absolutely terrible imo

Boards of Canada, Emancipator, Bonobo, Arcade Fire, Lemaitre, Efterklang, The XX, Radiohead, Explosions in the Sky, The Photographic, Sigur Rós, Twin Atlantic, You Me At Six, Massive Attack, Metric, OK Go, Tycho, The Velvet Underground, Joy Division, U2, Thom Yorke, Tears For Fears, REM, Ratatat, Peter Gabriel, Phoenix, J. J. Cale, Gramatik, The Glitch Mob, Elbow, David Bowie, Brian Eno, Bon Iver, Ben Howard.

Just a list of some of my favorite artists.

I only know one song by ISMFOF, which is WTFWJD I don’t do emo… Oceano is Deathcore, Centinex is melodic Death Metal, as is Arsis. If anything, We Butter The Bread With Butter, cause butter-core is legit.

You should check out “But The Nuns Are Watching” By ISMFOF. One of their best tracks, IMHO

That one is okay. I just don’t dig ISMFOF in general…Too many breakdowns for me. lol

there can never be too many breakdowns! what else are you supposed to dance to? I can’t 2-step, and circle pits are laaaame. breakdowns are all I lived on.

that whole slaughter without laughter album is good.

Don’t forget, I mosh to the Wall of Death…If anyone knows who does that…Both EMo and Deathcore bands are fun for moshing…Deathcore just goes a bit harder…And then you get mixed up with those Grind or NoiseGrind guys…All heck breaks loose then… :stuck_out_tongue:

I now love the Baths.
Awesome stuff.

If you like that sort of erratic experimental sound, look at Autechre. It’s super duper hard to get into, but also worth a shot if you thought Baths was palatable.

It’s much more barren and pin-point, but very much worth checking out, if only to know it exists, never to touch it again.

Also, I’m just gonna leave this here

I just went through all of those songs, and man, not a bad one in the bunch. You have a fantastic taste in music. I thank you greatly for introducing me to some new bands!

However, i think Hoppipola is a better song that gives a good idea of what Sigur Ros is like. Gobbledigook is good too, though.

Also, here is a compilation of some of my favorite songs of all time:

One of Radiohead’s less minor songs

[url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=A2zKARkpDW44[/url]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOmZimH00oo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq3-wZs64n4

That’s a pretty long list.

Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust is one of Sigur Rós’ more accessible albums, which is why I linked Gobbledigook. I think that the album is a good starting point for some because it sounds more like an album album than an ambient album. For most of Sigur Rós’ work, I agree that Hoppipola is perfect.

I need to listen to that album more.

King Crimson- the greatest band that has ever walked this earth. never again will you find such musical diversity and extreme chops.

and since wildcat won’t do it, I will.

Rush. especially 70s rush. Hemispheres leaks musical maturity.

me gusta.
i also suggest tool, meshuggah,and some of the newer prog groups such as periphery, animals as leaders, etc. they all display such musicianship.

Is that a word?