Most recent impulse purchase or sale

the circle of yo.

5 Likes

I’m into fountain pens too! Bought myself a couple iroshizuku inns and a Pelikan recently!

As for yoyos I recently purchased an OD Clique which I’ve been enjoying a lot

5 Likes

Yes sir, almost made this my user name, but decided to shorten it! I :smile::smile::smile:

3 Likes

One Drop Clique. I was sifting through Instagram when I saw that OD did a drop. It was a good impulse purchase as the clique was on my “would be nice to have” items but not knowing if there would even be another run… So I almost forgot about its existence.

2 Likes

i made those shirts a very long time ago… i still have a few kickin’ around…

3 Likes

Yooo very nice! I grabbed Waterman Serenity Blue and Intense Black from Amazon, and I went to Goulet Pen Co for an ink syringe and converters and ended up with a TWSBI Eco and Diplomat Magnum w/ free Monteverde Supershow Blue :sweat_smile:.

I went with Waterman because I’m not writing on especially great paper.

1 Like

my mantra, sadly the bearing seat got all screwed up (I just didn’t take good care of it) so I had to sand the bearing seat so the it was not cutting my string

1 Like

Fountain pens are another dangerous to the wallet hobby. I have enough ink that I could probably write out the novel War and Peace and not run out.

4 Likes

My fountain pen collecting more or less ended a couple of years ago when I (finally) found a decent modern flex pen.

2 Likes

A big ol bottle o hand sanitizer

4 Likes

Might want to stock up on toilet paper while you’re at it!

2 Likes

I have a bidet at home :wink:

5 Likes

Haha yeah I can see myself doing the same thing tbh. I actually bought some cursive writing instructional books awhile back that I should get cracking on. I really wanna relearn how to write well and that would justify my purchases lolol.

What’s a flex pen? Is it an active pen for writing on tablets? I’m googling around and I’m getting that and insulin shots lol.

You can’t find that anywhere in NY. I had to homebrew my own.

Edit: apparently we got resupplied or my little neighborhood just doesn’t have any because sounds like you can find some in NYC now!

1 Like

Two higher end Rubik’s cubes, or speed cubes as the other brands call them. Moyu Weilong GTS3 M and a QiYi Valk 3 Elite M.

3 Likes

@nonja121

I’m in NYC and didn’t have much trouble finding it - where are you in NY?

4 Likes

I’m up in the Bronx not far from New Rochelle. I haven’t looked recently tbh but I figured I wouldn’t find any with Cuomo launching the NYS hand sanitizer.

Edit: when I looked last weekend our local Rite Aids were sold out

3 Likes

I’ve never impulse bought a yoyo, but I have impulse traded before thinking, “I haven’t thrown that one, maybe I’ll like it.” I usually don’t end up liking it.

3 Likes

AND…

it’s green.

how could you have said"no".

:smiley:

kgb

3 Likes

i don’t know if it was a true impulse buy. i took 2 days to pull the trigger.

kgb

11 Likes

That’s not impulse Keith, that’s a pre-meditated purchase

damb

6 Likes