**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

Same here I’ve been at this for 2 weeks…i can actually get the rejection and occasionally my fingers land in a DON but no where near Landing the yoyo on a string.

Maybe @DocPop might be able to help us out on this one​:wink::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:? Thanks in advance​:blush:

3 Likes

I’ll have to think up some tips. It’s been a while since I taught it, but I remember folks on my virtual club had some great tips for it.

If I hosted a virtual tutorial sometime soon, would y’all be able to join? Maybe something via Jit.si on Saturday morning. That way we could each see what the other person is doing.

9 Likes

Thank you DOC! Very kind of you! That POV angle i think is rather helpful.
I wouldn’t be available sat mornings Eastern times but i wouldn’t want everyone to bend around my schedule.

5 Likes

I have had the best luck with using a V shape yoyo. Im using the ODxSF-SK and the string shoots itself around perfectly i just stick my finger out at the right time and the yoyo and string does all the work. Its the closest ive come

im changing my answer
Ive had great success with the don and my trusty par avion

4 Likes

I got it down to about 25% of the time on the Kapital… can’t land it on anything else. The one throw I thought wouldn’t be good for rejections at all… :rofl:

Honestly watched the video and said, “oh yeah, I got this one.”

Three days later rewatching the video… “Nope.” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

I haven’t started the arm combo as want to get this rejection down… Especially as it looks so nice :wink:

5 Likes

Not only the rejection looks nice, but also the end phase, nice and flowty. Need to practice that, instead of a pure bind.

3 Likes

Can I say this whilst I have a few drinks in me, but this is the best yoyo thread in the world :eyes::eyes::eyes: but I still can’t get this Organ Rejection :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Its one of those tricks that once you understand and get, youl wonder what was so mind bending in the first place. Keep at it! (Maybe not while drinking :laughing: or ypu could change the name to liver rejection?)

But i dont think i will be able to get the repeater into a triple… i will just live with the single element and use for combos

1 Like

I landed the triple once. It felt good, like I had actually figured it out… nope. I’m landing the DoN reasonably often now at least.

3 Likes

Rebirth

7 Likes

Week #26 : Chopstrange

@ChrysaeThrows put up a new tutorial today, lets learn it!

10 Likes

Wow, I went from missing class every week to accidentally reading ahead. Not smooth as @ChrysaeThrows yet but I got it down! Good use of slomo and views in this one.

6 Likes

Been a week already huh?

3 Likes

So got this one half way down, but so inconsistent with landing the chopstick at the moment.

2 Likes

Is there a bit at the very beginning where he is changing position of his non throw hand, before the chopstick? As after the chopstick the string isn’t around my throw hand the same way as him…

At 2:20ish you can see him move his non throw hand position, but doesn’t explain this?

2 Likes

Good catch i did notice his nth faces inward and i was trying to figure that out but i have to many other problems to fix first

You’re swinging the yoyo into a wrist mount. He’s moving his nth closer as it makes it a bit easier to drop the loop from your th onto the string. The chop is an underpass in a wrist mount with your th thumb.

*Deleted info I thought was helpful but is maybe incorrect. Still not sure how to explain I’m doing to get the chopstick regularly to help out others with it.

I couldn’t work out why the strings weren’t aligned to his, and only by chance I could see he changes position with the non throw hand in that slowed down bit… But I can’t work out what is happening, I just know where I need to end up.

Its small oversights like this in the tutorial that can make learning harder than it needs to be :cry:

1 Like

Imagine trying to learn a trick off the internet 20 years ago… it would take 12 hours just to download a grainy choppy Version of kwijibo and good luck trying to figure out which string your landing on or hoping over…