**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

Maybe I’m being a princess about it all lol.

I appreciate people putting their work out there, honestly, just so frustrating to be getting something wrong and it’s not clear from the tutorial as it’s something not mentioned.

Privileged to have 0.5 YouTube speed :rofl:

2 Likes

At 2:20ish the main action being performed is the handslide from 1:47. No hands are switching, you could do everything with your hands apart but bringing your NTH closer to your TH makes it easier to slide your TH out, dropping the loop to complete the wrist mount. If you go into a regular WM, grab the topmost string closest to you and pull it up and way from you it’s the same proper position to chopstick from after sliding your TH out.

Hope that’s a bit clearer. That part also confused me at first, I kept fudging the string arrangement after sliding the loop but realizing what the formation was helped.

2 Likes

The chopstick mount is so awkward, you have to pull your hand out then back in to catch

2 Likes

I definitely forgot to mention the nth movement there, which changes to have a good grip to the next move, but if you go to 5:05 you can see that changing the nth position is not vital for the chopstick, as I change it to have a better grip only after landing the chopsticks in that case.
Sorry about that, it is so hard to describe every little movement that your hands make out of muscle memory while shooting tutorials. I added the slowmo fpv at the end to clarify any little bit I may have missed, start at 5:00 and watch it at 0.25 speed if that helps.

7 Likes

WOOHOO… Finally fit two in a row (although not smooth at all).

The chopstick bit is the most inconsistent part as I keep missing the string.

6 Likes

Slowly but surely building speed and consistency with this one.

I also accidentally found out you can do the final whip part directly into a GT that exits from the other direction

4 Likes

Added the inverted GT, slack thing, and a shortcut to the GT I found while learning this

10 Likes

Dude that’s amazing!

4 Likes

Very nice! Smooth as well… The chopstick part is so unsmooth(?) for me at the moment.

5 Likes

Wow great job! Winner of the week🏆

4 Likes

great stuff here! I love the latest triangle, gonne work on that!

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words all :slight_smile:

@MEJBelloz one tip I have for the chopstick is to go for thumb-pinky and really pull your wrist back/upwards when forming the mount, otherwise the string has a tendency to slide flat against the palm…hope that makes sense

7 Likes

Wow im suprised i actually got this one. I will have it smooth by the end of the week.

This really is the best thread! I can notice my skill really improving

8 Likes

I’ve never been so close, yet so far with a trick. I can do the whole trick… But the chopstick I’m landing 1 in 50, and no matter what I do I can’t get the consistency up! Ugh!

EDIT: And in one small swoop of moaning, suddenly I’ve sussed a little bit more consistency with the chopstick!

4 Likes

A sloppy Chopstrange on camera (apologies for the poor filming and lighting).

8 Likes

Dude ok you got this… try to exaggerate the loop from the 1.5 into the chopstick. It gives you so much more time to remove your hand and set it up.

3 Likes

Cheers pal!

This is one I’m going to keep working on… Same as Min’s Sock which I can do pretty consistently now!

3 Likes

You got that!!

3 Likes

Appreciate the support!

3 Likes

We’ll done!! Love that last GT you found. It so fun to discover new elements as you go.

This one is fun. I found that counting it out as you land each element helps with the consistency.

5 Likes