**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

TAW # 27 - Arata Imai Trick (#2)

Back once again with another arm trick. This one hits some cool zones.

10 Likes

@DocPop

Thanks, Doc, for taking time out of your schedule to help us here at TAW! That was fun and quite an honor to spend some time with you! Enjoy the balance of your weekend.

Nice to meet the few of you as well.

Best,
Josh

10 Likes

Had a real good throw session yhis morning with my coffee. Got all the elements down, now just to smooth it out.
I may actually hit a trick this week.

6 Likes

Nothing says “I’ve got this” like actually pulling the trick off in front of my wife.

99% of the time if i try to show her, i botch it.

Not this time!!!
:fist:

8 Likes

Same, bro. Same. Daughter is my good luck charm tho.

2 Likes

A week late but i think i got most of Diegos ChopStrange.

10 Likes

Good work! Def a tricky one to get smooth.

1 Like

I had a few minutes of energy to start a video. Difficult to get down smooth for sure, but everything after the chopstick mount is extremely satisfying to hit

8 Likes

Very good - much smoother than where I’m at!

2 Likes

I don’t know about that. Yours was fine. His timing was a little more deliberate which always looks nice, but you’ve got it down. Only thing wrong with yours was you b0rked up the end after the trick. Is there a part you’re having a hard time landing consistently?

I’ve been trying to land in the chopstick mount in one single motion like Zac did, but I don’t think that looks any better than doing it in two steps. I did finally manage to figure it out yesterday, but honestly it feels like I wasted a lot of effort.

3 Likes

I only got 30 mins today to learn this trick, in part due to a busy work week, an ill wife and tendinitis in the elbow (half a pint of beer helped with camera anxiety though).

Not sure why it uploaded as a short though…

4 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

How do you mean?

Like from the 5 to 6 second mark in my post, going from the first triangle mount thing to the chopstick in one motion without resetting your NTH fingers.

@ryanmcg I agree that it looks good either way. Doing it in two steps helps present that first mount better

3 Likes

Wait im not sure if i understand haha, am i doing it incorrectly? I cant tell.
Also… i think i am skipping a step at the last GT, i am flipping directly into the GT and not letting it land then whipping into it?

1 Like

No, you’re all good man. Nice and smooth execution too.

Edit: With the GT, the tutorial shows it both ways.

1 Like

What’s on tap for this week?

I was supposed to post something last night… but I thought ‘today’ was Friday :man_facepalming: @AKYOYOMIKE will probably post something in just a bit.

Edit: scratch that, I got something coming

3 Likes

Week 28: Ninja Hook

This is the tutorial that helped me finally get Ninja Vanish to click really well. Ninja Hook OTOH I’ve yet to make much progress with.

12 Likes

I Blake this one! Something to add to my Ninja vanish

edit… not sure who Blake is but I love this one. :slight_smile:

4 Likes