**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

Great pick…i was thinking about @EOS44 tuts on ninja Vanish variations. Great pick!

3 Likes

I love this trick! Might just have been me but watch your knuckles when learning :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I think @EOS44 has some great tutorials and i like single or short elements that can be combined in other moves

5 Likes

:scream: :rofl:

I busted my knuckles over and over learning NV. A few times I noticed half my string was suddenly bright red… and sticky. I still have scars on my knuckles from that. It was actually this tutorial that helped me stop banging my knuckles on the yo-yo.

Now I just need to finally get that hook variation down tho.

4 Likes

Hooks are my enemy!

2 Likes

I’m actually the complete opposite :sweat_smile: I love doing hooks !!! In fact I’m finally landing 2.0 hook consistently !!!

1 Like

I went through a phase of hitting this, and now I can’t… Ugh! Jealous of anyone who can hit 2.0 consistently.

3 Likes

I’ve got -2.0 and 1.5 pretty darn consistent…not even close to 2.0 lol

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to land a 2.0 hook for MONTHS like many….many…. months :laughing: but recently I got the rhythm down and I’m starting to land it regularly. But you can land a -2.0 hook !!! I’ve tried doing it but whipping the string in the opposite direction while keeping the tempo right is just way to hard for me lol :joy:

2 Likes

So this week’s one is tricky… Can’t quite work out the whipping motion… It’s one of those ones where I guess you can’t describe it in a video, you just need to feel it out.

3 Likes

How’s everyone doing with this trick?

I can hook the yo-yo, but I rarely hook it correctly(like 1 in 5 successful hooks), and I don’t understand how to do it right so I can do the proper dismount like @EOS44 does in the tutorial.

The way I’m landing the hook still allows me to dismount back into a brother mount, so it’s a usable trick but it’s not a correct @EOS44 Ninja Hook.

Edit: of course… right after posting this I started making some progress

1 Like

I’m not doing this trick :rofl: haven’t hit one hook yet, but again, not sure if I’m doing the motion correctly.

TBH, the weather at the moment in the UK is making it nearly impossible to yoyo.

1 Like

I hear ya. It’s been pretty miserable where I live (the local MTB trail—not a common thing to have, and it’s a good one) has been mostly dead for weeks. We had a brief respite on Sunday, was nice to see other people at the trail again.

Take care man.

1 Like

What a shame to enter this thread… So many nice tricks and no time to practice.
If I had to choose one, which one would it be ?? I will do that one.

2 Likes

I feel honored my tricks get picked for thid thread! Thank you!

Ninja hook gets pretty consistent with regulat practice. So consistent you can make it a repeater with the proper dismount.

11 Likes

Any advice for the whip motion, as this feels really alien, even though I can do just ninja vanish normally.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming: This is the dismount I thought was incorrect. I can do this way pretty consistently.

I’m confused though. In the tutorial video above, you’re doing a different dismount, where you roll left twice—not the full roll around both hands followed by a double on like in the gif.

In order to do the dismount like in the first video, you have to, I think—maybe I’m just missing something, catch the yo-yo with the loop twisted, which is doable with a more exaggerated ninja vanish-like motion… but it’s crazy hard to do consistently. I did manage to hit 3 in a row like that, but the next day I landed like 1 in 100.

Edit: oh, and @EOS44, we’re always extremely grateful when you visit us here. Thanks a lot man.

5 Likes

Yea i dont get this ninja vanish at all. I can brent stole all day long but ninja vanish doesnt work for me. I cant even get close on this one. Im out of this one

2 Likes

for anyone having troubles with the dismount: the dismount is probably the least important part of the trick. I change the way i dismount according to what i want to do next, so I wont pretend you guys have to be imposed a correct way to do it.

As long as you can land the actual hook, you can dismount however you like.

3 Likes

Can anyway offer some tips on the hook? I can do ninja vanish normally, but can’t get it to work for ninja hook :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes