**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

Week 41: 4A Orbits

Its Offstring October! Break out those big 4A throws and bounce them off the ground a bit learning this weeks trick, Orbits

7 Likes

What if we dont have 4a yoyo :frowning:

4 Likes

Mime the actions :rofl:

You can use any yoyo… doc pop has a trick Washing Machine where in the middle of his 1A combo he takes the yoyo off the string does some 4A then puts it back on the string to finish with a regular bind. So you could do that…

I also think @mable started 4A last year with a regular yoyo and might be able to give some better advice.

I think 4A yoyos are just wider, made of plastic so you don’t care of it his the ground, and the gap at the bearing is narrow… but the physics is the same so you “could” throw 4A with your favorite BiMetal…

1 Like

Oh i thought 4a yoyos had different gaps like a responsive yoyo :sweat_smile: maybe i will try and pick one up this month

1 Like

Half spec C bearings will give you a similar gap width to 4A yoyos. So if you have any yoyos that take a half spec, you’re good to go. Any yoyo with a size A bearing will work as well. The smaller gap width only really matters for binds/regens. It’s a little annoying/quirky but if you’re really determined you can make a full size C bearing yoyo work, but I’d recommend only trying if you’ve got access to a half spec or A bearing yoyo.

I learned how to 4A last year because of the T-a-W thread while using a yotricks sage with a half spec.

Yup! Full size C bearing with various spacer widths is the standard, stock spacers usually have the gap width out of the box aound 2.2-2.5mm. YYR and Japan Tech both offer 4A models with A and D sized bearings, the big difference is mostly just how you want binds and regens to feel.

Here’s some simple leg orbits using a yotricks sage with a half spec. It took more tries than I expected. So uhhh using a 1A yoyo is a lot harder lol. Definitely give it a shot if you can though, 4A is fun! It’ll make it easier to invest in getting a proper 4A yoyo if you’ve already got a grasp of the basics.
https://imgur.com/a/CHpZbaQ

7 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks for this picture! The tip to angle my NTH down was what i was missing to land this trick consistently.

2 Likes

Happy BIRTHDAY @ANGVS !

5 Likes

Word.
Happy birthday @ANGVS !!!

3 Likes

Happy birthday @ANGVS

4 Likes

Happy birthday bro!

3 Likes

Aiming to get my 4A out for this week, I just get scared of destroying my house when I throw it :rofl:

3 Likes

And waking the kids…

1 Like

Please enjoy this sloppy bind.

:smiley:

11 Likes

Week 42: 4A Magic Knot

On with Off-tober! This looks exciting to learn and totally do able.

The majority of 4a I know is so closely related to diabolo (Chinese yoyo), so this is a plus for me.

8 Likes

Superb work - love it!

2 Likes

This is a very cool one. I might be able to advice a video of this! I recently learned SLACK WRAPS which i think is what the slack element is here. Just not sure about catching the string and the yoyo… but actually the slack element this week is the easier part​:wink::blush:

Edit- is not exactly the same but the hand flip motion is similar, Sorry if this confused anyone, thought it might be helpful.

1 Like

Does anybody know any cool things to do with magic knots? I feel like I learn a lot of tricks that have a magic knot in them, and I just think “yup, that’s certainly a magic knot” LOL

I feel like there’s probably cool stuff you can do instead of immediately exiting them, but I’m blanking on coming with with anything myself.

8 Likes

I enjoy spin it a couple of times like an umbrella since I find it looks even more funky then if you release the knot. Here a quick indoor 1A version.

5 Likes

Managed to get this one down, then screwed my throw and bearing. Hoping new one arrives tomorrow so I can film.

3 Likes