**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

Really nice work!

1 Like

Week 40 : Canadian Goose

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one still working on some of the recent tricks, so I thought something a little simpler would be nice.

Thank you @mable for submitting this trick.

Just a reminder, if thereā€™s a trick you would like to see here, you can submit it to myself(@ryanmcg), @AKYOYOMIKE, @ANGVS or @Mystik.

13 Likes

Thanks for picking this! Everybody loves a good picture trick! Donā€™t be intimidated by any of the more difficult elements Chris does in the tutorial, everything in this trick can be broken down into much easier to perform movements. The way Chris does it looks great, but hereā€™s me getting into the same formations in a much easier way. Really you can enter the initial double or nothing however you want, and using your TH index you can assist yourself getting into the chopsticks mount. If the final underpass is a bit confusing, be sure youā€™re turning your NTH down towards the ground during it. I basically just point my thumb at the ground while the yoyo is at the apex of its swing after the underpass.

Learn this trick and show it off to non-throwers, if you really want to sell it you could even add your own verbal honking.

16 Likes

Very cool trickā€¦ inspiring me to try the instant D.O.N again. If i get this Iā€™ll be happy.

Hereā€™s is Miguel Correa (not sure his yye id) showing how to Insta D.O.N.

Instant D.O.N

Hereā€™s a whippy instant D.O.N
Whippy instant D.O.N

7 Likes

In the final underpass i think im hitting the wrong stringā€¦i know Iā€™m hitting the wrong stringā€¦ whouch string am i supposed to end up on before the GOOSE flies away.?

For some reason I thought a picture might explain this more easily than a video? Let me know if this helps or not.

You want the yoyo to go over top of the string outlined in red, and land on the string highlighted in green. So how thereā€™s two strings segments coming off your NTH thumb, and youā€™re using the string on the left side do the underpass with, you want to land on the string on the right side of you thumb. Angling your entire NTH down so your thumb points to the ground after the yoyo passes over the red string is how you line it up. And while doing the underpass you can have the yoyo swing out to the side in a bigger arc, and move your TH out to the right more to really make sure youā€™re passing over the string coming from your TH middle finger.

4 Likes

Actually i think i might have itā€¦ but i donā€™t se a gooseā€¦ close?

Screenshot_20221003-092122_Gallery

10 Likes

Thatā€™s it, you got it.

The ā€œgooseā€, your NTH is the wings, flap them. Point your TH fingers away from you with your thumb down toward the string so it makes a birdā€™s-head-like shape. Flap and fly away, be sure to make honking noises.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s basically it, nice! The string going to your TH middle finger is the head/neck, and the two loops connected to your index and thumb are the two wings. The only thing thatā€™s a little different is youā€™re in an inverted formation. In the way Chris and I both did it, our NTH thumb was on the side closer to our body, so our NTH is pointed with the palm at the ground, if you (in a kind of uncomfortable way) point your palm up towards the ceiling, youā€™ll see the same effect of the wings spreading apart.

Iā€™m actually not totally sure how you intentionally land in that inverted mount, but Iā€™ve had it happen on accident a few times.

EDIT: You actually totally got the trick right! My eyes are just bad and I thought the string coming off your NTH thumb was further away from your body. Going to leave this comment up here though just in case anybody does land in the inverted mount on accident.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s invertedā€”look closely where the strings cross in the middle, the one coming from his index finger looks like itā€™s in front (I.e. closer to the camera) than the thumb string. Itā€™s hard to tell for sure though.

2 Likes

Oh youā€™re absolutely right, and Mike got it exactly. My eyes got a bit mixed up with the colored weave texture on the string. Iā€™ve landed in a mount on accident that was inverted a few times though, and it really threw me off lol.

2 Likes

Yeah I do that a lot, and I never can figure out how. Or almost never.

1 Like

the bind actually had a satisfying snap, got lucky lol
very cool trick, love the flying goose!

13 Likes

That bind :relieved:

7 Likes

That bind is so much more difficult than it looks. I usually end up with a snag instead of a nice snap.

2 Likes

Yea i see peopke do it all the time but i dont even understand whats happening

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a tutorial for it

10 Likes

This is so good, and fitsā€¦This is the official week 40.5 trickā€¦ outside slack bind!
So good im adding it to the table of contentā€¦ but donā€™t get any ideas people. We will only accept tutorial via pm to @Mystik @ryanmcg @ANGVS or myself.

3 Likes

This is a far as i got. My honk as well as my flow needs workā€¦

Canadian Goose

7 Likes

You may have noticed it already but your goose was flying backwards.

Honestly, I, unlike your kid, give your honk a 9/10. While not their signature honk I have 100% encountered gangs of them mumbling to one another similarly. Great job.

2 Likes