MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

TRICK-A-WEEK CHALLENGE WEEK #15
JACK’S SLACK

Here’s a fun looking trick! I love slacks and it uses a gyroscopic flop which are really neat looking. Also includes a suicide at the end. Just a very neat looking trick IMHO!

Let me know what you guys think!

10 Likes

This is my progress today. I think (although not fast) before the slack is fine ish. Just needs polishing.
The slack I can’t seem to do :frowning:

5 Likes

Man, you’re so close! Fantastic progress man!!

1 Like

Thanks dude. I need to figure out the slack and I think I can tick off at least one of my back log TaW :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love it… we will do our best…by we i mean me myself & all my throws

2 Likes

No worries, life comes at us and we deal with it and find our yoyo time when we can. I missed a few weeks due to a new job, no mental energy for learning new tricks, so, I just played for a few minutes when I had the chance.

Don’t let yoyo become another stressor.

4 Likes

That’s great advice.
Thank you @French

2 Likes

I can gyro flop front style no problem…this just reminded me that my gyro flops side style need some work… Rest of the trick I have more or less already figured out.

2 Likes

a late entry for week 14. a few GTs (the 1.5, French’s whip and a laceration) on the new Magpie

now on to week 15…

kgb

2 Likes

That was sweet! Good job bro

2 Likes

Damn Nitro! Nice job!!

1 Like

Slackin…on a Grasshopper GTX

hardest part of this for me was keeping the yoyo from grabbing the string after the suicide toss. the yoyo kept spooling itself up in the GT at the end…

anyway. here’s my entry. cool little trick. not nearly as smooth as the OG vid, but i’m working on it. :grin:

kgb

5 Likes

I actually got the slack to catch… but my yoyo keeps flipping out of control towards me… correct direction but no control. Any thought?

1 Like

during the gyro flop portion?

make sure when you start, you’re pulling the strings nice and firm and perpendicular to the yoyo. then you can move the strings slightly and see how the yoyo responds. it doesn’t take much to get it rolling over. too much movement on the strings will cause the yoyo to roll faster.

you can practice that part by itself pretty easily. i usually do a houdini mount/kamikaze mount where you throw a double or nothing but let the yoyo catch your NTH thumb on the first pass then around the NTH pointer on the second. You drop the thumb loop onto the yoyo and it sets up to be able to do a nice side version of a gyro flop.

or you can do the whip version

hopefully this is what your talking about…

kgb

2 Likes

So it doesnt matter how i get into the flop as long as i flip the yo yo twice towrds me then I should be able to roll into the GT and toss? i actually can get plastic whip regularly so i can practice the flop more as i practice the slack part.

Thanks.

yeah, that gyro flop part is the same as any other gyro flop as far as I can tell. for the trick we have to get there from that trapeeze slack but you can definitely practice them seperately.

kgb

2 Likes

also, i’ve noticed the yoyo is less stable in the flop if it’s going too slow. faster spin seems to work better for me.

kgb

2 Likes

I’m hitting the slack and gyro, but I’ve yet to catch the suicide.

3 Likes

Getting close then

kgb

4 Likes

This is definitely a fun one! Especially since I never learned gyro flops…

4 Likes