MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

And here’s how to bookmark posts just in case anyone would like to know :slight_smile:

========================================================

Screenshot_2020-02-02 YoYoExpert Forums(3)

Screenshot_2020-02-02 YoYoExpert Forums(4)

2 Likes

Dude, nice work! I always really enjoy it when you share videos with us!!

Spirit bomb is kind of weird. Even when I do it right it feels like something went wrong.

2 Likes

Spirit bomb is dumb luck until you get it right… Then you never lose it. I promise

2 Likes

It took me a long time to work out what was actually meant to happen with the second hop part, once I got it I found ti much easier and as Apple above says once you’ve got it you don’t lose it!

1 Like
3 Likes

I had the opposite problem…looks like I’ve been doing the first hop wrong all along lol.

Glad I figured it out and have something to polish this week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love spirit bomb. It’s the first trick that made me really feel like I was getting somewhere. When I got back into throwing after many years spirit bomb was one of the few that I still had in muscle memory. I agree it may be a little confusing but once you have it, you have it. I only ever mess up the last hop.

4 Likes

Damn :sob: I just broke my camera. Went to take it off my tripod and carelessly did so with just 1 hand…and down it tumbled to the ground.
The screen cracked on it, but I was okay with living with that.
It’s a touchscreen camera though and needs the screen in order to operate it.
…well…the touch doesn’t work on the screen now.
lol damn I’m sad about it. It wasn’t the greatest camera in the world…and it doesn’t print the best photos either…but it’s been a ton of fun, I’ve got a lot of money invested in it and it takes better video than my old iphone.
:frowning: That really sucks.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that man :frowning:

1 Like

So the end of day 1 and as can be expected…not much progress.

I am getting the first pop…at least I think I am. haha it’s more likely that I’m doing it wrong though!
I made a video tonight of getting some of the first pops, but I’m in my night shirt as I was too lazy to get dressed haha…so I don’t think I’ll share it. I will study it though and see if I can figure some stuff out with it.

1 Like

I see that you guys are finally on the truck that is the bane of my yoyo existence. That second hop is nearly impossible for me, and cause it always results in a knot, I find myself giving up after 7 or 8 tries. I really should practice it more though. This is the one trick I’ve wanted to be able to show off with, but it constantly eludes me.

2 Likes

Yeah that second hop i either miss the triangle or miss the string on the second hop. I just grab another throw after each knot, and then unkott 5 strings at a time, rather than break my groove when i land a spirit knot.

5 Likes

Wrong format-oops😳

I really appreciate this post!
I was at a point where finding the next trick to learn was to daunting and my progress slowed.
I’m going to catchup and maybe post some video…maybe

3 Likes

No need to feel too pressured about making videos :smiley: If you do though, that’d be awesome!

Can’t wait to hear updates from you on how things are going!!

2 Likes

I have no idea how I learned this trick so incorrectly at first, but I figured out where I went wrong a little while ago!

lol at spirit knot @AKYOYOMIKE

3 Likes

@ChrysaeThrows i got the momentum bind down! I can get into it anytime im in DoN… and it does work in front style (practice) . I officially have a new bind! Thank you! … now need to get much smoother and get that really pretty drop to make a super cool video…i probably need a cool hoody to wear while i throw too.

As for spirit bomd…i can hop into the correct triangle with the second hop but that string i should land on is nowhere to be found…

4 Likes

I just saw the string about an hour ago at the local bar.
I really think he’s got an issue. Maybe we should sit him down and have an intervention?

3 Likes

I always love a good hat/hoodie combo!

I find it helps if I focus on keeping my throw hand kind of open wide during the trick. If I don’t then I find that bottom string can move all the way over to my thumb or pinky.

2 Likes