MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Man, the voice over here is TREMENDOUSLY helpful! I wasn’t switching the string to my thumb for the bucket bit which is something I totally missed without the voice over.

Thanks for doing this Moons!

3 Likes

I wish I was at home working on this. Taking my kids to 3 doctors appointments today, in two different states. Driving and sitting is my day today… which isn’t too different than normal I guess, minus the usual yoyoing in-between.

4 Likes

Making quick progress man. Looking good so far.

3 Likes

Hi @twitch77 sorry to pick holes in your video, but to answer your question, I noticed a few mistakes that is stopping you from progressing.

1. When you pop the yoyo up in order to rotate your hands and have the yoyo jump up of a string and land on the same string but after your hand has rotated half a circle, I noticed that you are popping the yoyo out the back of the mount, if you watch my video, you need to pop the yoyo out the front of the mount, otherwise your strings are not in the right place. This is why your bucket has the X in the middle instead of a clean hole to dip into.

2. when you pop the yoyo out of the wrist mount looking thing, to go into the bucket, you put your hand into the loop and have the string over your fingers to pop out. You want to have your hand outside the loop and hook your fingers from outside to inside under the string (from over the top of the string) to pop the yoyo out to end up in the correct finger positions for the next step.

3. After the hop and the fist turn and land on the same string bit, before you roll onto the back string replace your TH pointer finger with your thumb, makes the rest of the trick easier and more stable

4. You want to cut the excess off your finger loop :rofl:

Other than that, everything looks good so far, with those minor changes, I think you are now ready to complete the trick!

Amazing progress dude that was super quick!

3 Likes

Yeah, been toying around with this trick for the last hour…and I’m definitely doing things wrong.

I now think I have all the kinks worked out up to the pop…but I’m doing the pop wrong because when I land back on the string I end up with a twist that shouldn’t be there (I’m way too dumb-dumb to try to make sense of this in words! haha).

Nice! I wasn’t even paying attention. Not 100% sure what you mean here…but I think I have a pretty good idea and will see if I can figure it out next time I give it a go.

hehe this is one of my Markmont strings and I’m not sure what length I want it at yet…so if I decide I want a tad longer I don’t need to replace the whole string.

3 Likes

I’ll make a video for you.

Understood, that makes sense :).
I found a length I’m happy with and now I cut all my strings to the same length :slight_smile:
Hope you find your ideal length soon too!

3 Likes

Omgosh! I totally see what you’re saying now!
No wonder I’m ending up with a twist where there shouldn’t be!

I can’t wait to work on this some more later! I’m determined to at least get up to the bucket part of the trick by the end of the day!

2 Likes

That was fantastic… voice over is an amazing idea in slowmo! Mrmatio could learn from you!

No offense mrmatio, i love your tutorials.

4 Likes

Thank you @AKYOYOMIKE, you flatter me, Mr Matio is one of the OG greats, I am merely doing what I can.
I’m glad you liked it though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here you go :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This was perfect! Really can’t thank you enough for all the help with things today!

I can now get up to the bucket…haven’t really worked on the bucket bit yet though.

2 Likes

I thought of adding a little flare to smoothie.
Warning: it could be painful with aggressive response.

9 Likes

Nice!! I do like the finish :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice! I really like that!

2 Likes

Very smooth!

3 Likes

I was surprised how well the loop opens up when it’s in bind formation.

3 Likes

Very cool, man.

2 Likes

This weeks trick is fun! I keep getting caught up on popping out of the wrist mount though.

Should I be hopping up using both hands, then pulling with the NTH? Or is the NTH doing all the work?

3 Likes

I use both hands

3 Likes

Ok, so I tried it, and my yo-yo bit me. :rofl: I’ll try again with a less aggressive response setup sometime. The loop did stay open, it just binded too early to catch it.

2 Likes