MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

that’s smooth man!

1 Like

How’re you guys doing with this week’s trick? I learned the BV Hourglass some months ago and then I tried to modify a bit that trick to my personal style and here’s what I came to:

I’m using this week to search for more elements to add to the hourglass part of this.

12 Likes

Holy smokes! Sick!

I have a basic hourglass down but i really want to track on last week’s trick before attempting to film… plus i need to get smoother u guys are smooth as glass!

5 Likes

Wow man, that is sick!

@ChrysaeThrows, is there a trick to keeping the strings on your TH (after the wrist dismount) open enough to pass the yo-yo through?

When I try it it’s not even close. Maybe my hands just aren’t big enough :confused:

2 Likes

Thanks man! Actually my hands are very small. At first it was really hard for me, it took me hours of tries. I can suggest you to keep the string on the very tip of your thumb and pinkie, and don’t move your hand trying to adjust the position once you have the loop wrapped around your th, cause the loop will close; you have to position the string when you still are in the wrist mount. Also, you don’t have to spread your th super wide, it has to be more like a dome to let room for the yoyo to pass under your palm. Then you just have to be very precise when you throw the yoyo inside the loop, and try try try.

3 Likes

Alright sweet, I got it a couple times… only got it into an hourglass mount from there once though.

I think I’ll do the regular hourglass for now since I don’t have a whole lotta time, but I’m gonna keep working on this.

2 Likes

So I was messing around with super flow, and I found a kind of cool element in it I guess.

After you undercuts the string you hook all of the strings with your right hand and then let go of the first string on your left hand and hook, and the it makes a little slack, and then you get the string on that slack that’s closet to your body in the gap and then you turn your right hand inward and your in a brother mount sort of thing.

I kept working on the beginning of the BV hourglass instead. It payed off. I’ve got it down, better than 50%. I only mess up when the string slips during the wrist dismount. That’s the hardest part for me.

Now to learn the rest of the trick and hopefully add an element of my own like @ChrysaeThrows wanted.

2 Likes

Omg #37 is killing me! I think i understand it all now…i actually got a ugly! Version on video… if anyone wants to watch feel free. I will work on that last pass into the gt more. But tonight i need to work on hourglass!

My sadly successful not so smooth sam maglone…https://youtu.be/Pa_Y4Ay92Zg

4 Likes

BV hourglass! I see what you guys are talking about. It is very cool, but that first pass is very challenging…2 weeks in a row in getting my @$$ kicked ! I think i liked @twitch77 picks better!

2 Likes

Thanks for the pointers… I’ll try to get the pass down today. Very awesome element!

Ok so here’s my hourglass with another attempt at #37.

I’ll spend the day practicing the BV wrist mount pass. Hopefully I’ll get it today.

6 Likes

Nice progress @AKYOYOMIKE, and damn so close on #37, all that was left was to drop the index string away from you and let it fall under the yoyo followed by the little TH circle movement.

On my side I can’t really check the Hourglass trick as learned yet.
Each steps of the Hourglass trick in themselves are not very difficult, but making it look smooth and cool like on the tutorials takes a lot of practice I think.
I’m not even close!

3 Likes

@AKYOYOMIKE Looking good

3 Likes

My hourglass submission for the week. This a combo with some hourglass elements.

9 Likes

Ok i think i might have this and last week down in a few days. Holy smokes this wrist mount element is so cool!

8 Likes

Week #39: Drop GT, tutorial by Mk1 Yo-yos team member Max. (Used without permission, not affiliated with or endorsed by @MarkD :grin:)

YouTube link

10 Likes

Awesome Pick! I’ve been obsessed with GTs lately!

Here’s another attempt at BV hourglass so effing cool!

3 Likes

Thanks Mike. I’ve been wanting to work on this one for a while.

Your link isn’t working for me; do I need a google photos account?

2 Likes

no idea why Google photos links dont work for me. I always go through you tube.

1 Like

I am approving and endorsing this, of course.

This one’s pretty tricky, especially the “drop” at the end that gets you the GT, so if anyone needs help let me know!

4 Likes